NOMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

P90X

5 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

P90X - Page 2 Empty Re: P90X

Post  Xopenex Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:17 am

Marky mark...........did you get your dvd's yet?? start the workouts?? i'm curious.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:20 am

he he he... it actually arrived yesterday... probably won't start until next week as it says on the book that THIS WORKOUT IS MADE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE ALREADY IN GREAT SHAPE. not quite there yet. so much to read. he he he...

so i'll probably be doubling up my work-out. gym during the day and P90X at night. he he he... once i'm in gear for that, i'll also throw in the bike riding during the weekends. ha ha ha...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

https://noma.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:39 am

dude, its up to you how you do your gym workouts and p90 workouts (doubling up). but boyet and i can tell you that your "cardio" days are rough.....and you'll prolly be either too pooped or too sore to wanna go to the gym also in the same day. all the workouts are no joke......but especially the "plyometrics" and "legs".....which are ballbusters!!! but like i said, its purely up to you. i'll give you much props if you can double up your workouts for a lengthy period while doing P90x. did you get a chance to view any of the workouts?? any thoughts??
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

P90X - Page 2 Empty hehe...

Post  ender_bigguns Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:13 am

i agree with ratty on this one boj...the one reason i can see on going this "double" route is because the moves are crazy on the p90x videos and you may want to supplement this with lifting because of where you slacked off...it done to its its fullest (pain on the last three reps) then the p90x will kick your butt!

of course if you are in great shape then you actually may be in a position to do doubles...but like russ said...more power to you! have fun!...do your best and forget the rest!...hehe
ender_bigguns
ender_bigguns

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:39 am

nice boys... thanks for the heads up... he he he... i haven't actually checked out the videos yet...

just got another outlet for getting in shape... mike fernandez just asked me to play ball with a group of guys every tuesday. he he he... man, i better get in some damn good shape!!! i'll be playing with kenny as well. some church gym in p-way. he he he...

yea, i heard about plyometrics... the theory behind it is sound, just hope i can do it... leg workouts never really scared me. but we'll see what this brings. the one thing i'm not really looking forward to is the yoga video. i am an unflexible mofo.!!!

he he he...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:58 am

now i have finally decided to look at the p90x website and contemplated on doing it myself.. but my question is this to you guys who have it:

1) do you really need to be fit in order to start this regimen i.e not a lazy ass like me who'd rather sit down nowadays..

2) i saw the first disc.. now it works back and chest.. what if you can't do any of the exercise since i am an unfit motherfucker...like i can't do pull ups for the life of me.. so do they give an alternative exercise i only ask because i don't want to spend money on something i can't do...

3) Are you guys following the diet plan they have?

4) do you need a pull up bar to be close to the tv or is do they show you the exercise...

5) do you like rotund and cute kevin or slick sickly looking kevin ha ha..

just a few questions for people actually looking to get into this thing...
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:02 am

FREAK!!

i haven't checked out the DVD's. but i did get the pull-up bar, a nutrition guide, a workout guide, power bands, a drink supplement and pill supplements.

as with all exercise regimens, you don't necessarily have to do the exercises exactly as they do. as long as you give 100%, your body will ramp up in getting to the shape you need. just concentrate on form and the strength will follow.
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:34 am

they gave u a pull up bar? so how many discs come in one box? and is it really 40 bucks for 3 months?
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:46 am

Kev....look at me, i'm a fat mofo. in short, you dont have to be in the bestest of shape to do p90x (although it helps). if you do it, you'll find that it will work you hard.....and none of us (me, boyet, joe luayon (aka foshizl), and Los (aka Bleatch) can do every single rep of every workout. NONE OF US!! even Joe L, and Los who are in their tail end of second phase can't do every rep from beginning to end. in other words, those guys have been doing this a good deal longer than me and boyet......and they still cant do every rep of every workout. thats what the "X" means in P90X. that said, just do your best and in time you'll realize that you can do more reps, or that you arent as winded, or that you are not quite as sore. (although any one of us will tell you that no matter how far along you are..........you still get sore!!!) hell, after my first "Plyometrics" day......i literally had to lift my legs into the car when i got in!!! the point is, dont let the disclaimer "you have to be in good shape to try P90x" discourage you. just do it, and just tell yourself......."suck it up". after all, Tony Horton will tell you ..............."you can do anything for 30 seconds!" which by the way, you will completely get sick of Horton saying. as for the pull ups, they always have "modified" moves in most workouts, so....to mimic pull ups, he'll have you use your resistance bands. the resistance bands are key........if you are gonna do p90x, at the very least get the bands...... with a "hook" preferably. and as for those of us who have trouble doing many (proper) push ups (you'll be doing a crapload of them in p90x).......then just drop to your knees. you still get a good workout doing that way.....just prolly not as good as the good ole proper pushup!!
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

P90X - Page 2 Empty kev

Post  ender_bigguns Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:43 pm

boj and ratty hit the nail on the head...dont expect to do the whole workout. thats why i quoted horton:

do your best and forget the rest

dont let your pride get in the way..just do what you can. lower the waits if you have to...take breaks if you have to...only you know best when youre slacking so you need to be your best judge. im sure if you need someone to whip your butt your brother will gladly push that p90x down your a$$...hehe

good luck to all!
ender_bigguns
ender_bigguns

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:46 pm

hell freakin yea!!!! and you thought jon was hardcore... i'll show you hardcore...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:43 pm

the thing is me and jon actually do this already.. but.. we don't do consistently... there are days when he has to run errands there are days when i just don't want to go to the gym(like this whole week since my chest and back still hurt) but no worries i was just making sure that it's something i want to do.. i know jon definitely does but he goes crazy sometimes.. he wants my whole arms to be numb for 2 hours...just so he is satisfied i get a good work...haha.. yeh JONNY BOY i called you out.. but he doesn't put any pain in my arms anymore ha ha.. just my back cuz weight assisted pull ups are the best ha ha

Last edited by Pritong_Manok on Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:45 pm

ender_bigguns wrote:boj and ratty hit the nail on the head...dont expect to do the whole workout. thats why i quoted horton:

do your best and forget the rest

dont let your pride get in the way..just do what you can. lower the waits if you have to...take breaks if you have to...only you know best when youre slacking so you need to be your best judge. im sure if you need someone to whip your butt your brother will gladly push that p90x down your a$$...hehe

good luck to all!

ok just making sure am not the only one not being able to do this stuff.. but no one ever answered if they gave you all this great stuff in the package or do i have to buy bands, chin up bar and weights well weights i don't need too since i have 30 lb dumb bells in the garage.. also 45 but the chin up bar.. or the bands do i have to buy it...
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:48 pm

ahhh... so jon does shit to failure... do you do any strength training? make sure you actually throw in some strenght training as well. totally different approach to just lifting to get tone... then there's also different types of strength training, explosive and endurance. depending on what you're gunning for, you have to change up your lifting approach...

right now, i'm doing strength endurance training. being that i build muscle fast, i wanted to try a different approach in lifting so i don't get super bulky... let me know what you're interested in and i can tailor a work-out for you...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:49 pm

it's all included in the package...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:22 pm

lean first then strength.. but run it by my coach first.. YEH JON called u out again!! ha ha
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  ecneret Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:03 am

Pritong_Manok wrote:they gave u a pull up bar? so how many discs come in one box? and is it really 40 bucks for 3 months?

yo man.. this f@t@ss actually did first workout this morning....f-in A! it does say you have to be at a certain level of "in shape" but I aint killing myself.. just like boyet says.. last 3 reps gotta hurt... and they DO!

as for kevin--give me a call later and we can discuss other options for you to obtain the dvds.

i just figure its better than what i have been doing... NOTHING! hehe... soon i be ripped like russ and boyet! hehehe

do your best forget the rest... funny boyet! tough to forget when ur body hurts.. hope i can walk all the stairs on saturday at the O's-Yanks... we in the UPPER UPPER decks.. hahaha
ecneret
ecneret

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:12 am

huh? what?!?! do my eyes deceive me? did i just read that t's working out as well? P90 as well? DAMN!! hardcore yo!!!

i'm actually tailoring a golf workout. for those interested... he he he... mostly flexibility and back and shoulder exercises. he he he... and of course, core work...

btw... before i started working out, on April 2nd, i was at 232 lbs. i will give monthly updates from here on out... ha ha ha...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:00 pm

yo t... yeh me and jon are in need of them discs he he.. but what about the chin up bar? or the bands? we shall see...how much is the whole thing anyway?
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  ecneret Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:43 am

Pritong_Manok wrote:yo t... yeh me and jon are in need of them discs he he.. but what about the chin up bar? or the bands? we shall see...how much is the whole thing anyway?

I just got bands. was too lazy to drill chip up bars.. hehe
ecneret
ecneret

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:16 am

damn dude, looks like everyone is doing P90X!! Boyet, we should hit up Horton for some commission fees!!!!!
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:25 am

Buks.....you start your p90 workouts yet?? or are you really gonna wait till next week like you mentioned??
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:27 am

haven't started... still working on getting my gym regimen set. but hopefully will be starting next week...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

P90X - Page 2 Empty HINT

Post  FreshBukoJuice Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:00 am

hey boys... here's a little hint, to lose weight super fast, don't forget to work your legs. they're 2 of the biggest muscle groups in your body and if you start hitting them, they burn a ton of calories...

just a little hint... he he he...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ecneret Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:49 am

Xopenex wrote:damn dude, looks like everyone is doing P90X!! Boyet, we should hit up Horton for some commission fees!!!!!

sorry though.. no commission on me... hehehe
ecneret
ecneret

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum