NOMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

5 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

Post  Pritong_Manok Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:31 pm

Xopenex wrote:i'll have to agree with you on that one Boyet......i really hate to say it, but i am a bit burnt-out with playing COD4. i mean the game freaking kicks ass, but i havent been playing it too much lately. on the same token, i am sure as hell not gonna trade it in already......i just think i need a bit of a break on it. you've already probably noticed that while you and butch are playing COD4.......i'll be playing fucking Virtua Tennis 3, Forza, or Bioshock. the only thing that i can attribute to me feeling burnt out with COD4 is that these freaks online get really good, really fast!!! so i find myself getting killed........ALOT!!! and not by just gunfire.....but by getting bitch-stabbed!!! i'm not worried though, in time i will get back into the COD bug......i just wonder if you and Biatch will still be playing it at that point......hehehehe

funny thing is.. russ you said the same thing about r6v.. hahaha and we never saw you on after you said it ahahha.. but it is true.. COD4 after i got the option to go prestige.. didn't do it for me anymore... oh well. it's all good..
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:31 pm

we hit the 2 page mark woohoo!!!
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:43 pm

yup......i did say that about R6V. i chuckled to myself when i read that Pillius!!! hehehehehe!!! u crack me up meng!!!! but then again......i played Halo 3 with my brother just yesterday. so i think there is hope for cod4!!!!
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:48 pm

i miss the fun times russ i really do.. hehe he.. yelling at 10 year old kids.. kicking them off the match for talking to much smack or just not liking them ahahahhah it was hilarious...there were also the friendly "hey can someone log off cuz we are trying to one of our clan members on".. it was hilarious... ah remisniscing..
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:22 pm

wait......so pillius, are you pretige now??? if you are prestige then your brother must be prestige too........damn, practically everyone is prestige but me (and prolly Ron). ahh well, just like R6V........i was like 2 bars away from reaching the pinnacle (ie. making "Elite")......and to this day, i have not achieved it!!
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:48 pm

nope... sorry, can't say that i've made it to prestige. kevin's not there either... he just has a choice to make...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

https://noma.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:02 am

Xopenex wrote:wait......so pillius, are you pretige now??? if you are prestige then your brother must be prestige too........damn, practically everyone is prestige but me (and prolly Ron). ahh well, just like R6V........i was like 2 bars away from reaching the pinnacle (ie. making "Elite")......and to this day, i have not achieved it!!

i can say am prestige.. cuz at my last level.. and i've unlocked prestige mode.. but do i take the plunge and go into prestige just to have different badges but have my guns reset?? or just stay at 55 and try and get the golden guns... who knows what i will do but assassin's creed has peaked my interest again.. so i've killed 6 of the guys so far and pretty much my guy is bad ass hahaah..

russ - how do you gurad break on assassin's creed.. it's telling me after you take a step hit attack button.. but everytime i do that it doesn't break any guard when am in the courtyard.. so that's like the last step i can't figure out... hehehe and i like parrying with the knife better than the sword.. using the knife is too bad ass hahaaha
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:19 pm

pillius....when you say "guard break" you dont mean when the guard will hold on to your shirt, and push you back like a little biatch right??? well, i will assume that you do not mean what i just mentioned. hope this helps.......(i hope i remember this correctly), just make sure that you have your R trigger held down, its important to wait until the guard takes a swing at you with his sword, (if you dont wait you wont complete the maneuver correctly).....when the guard swings at you, immediately press the X button. you'll jump out of the way of the guards swing.....and then you'll lunge at him with a counter-swing of your own. that is a skill that will become vital to your survival in the later stages and especially at the end!! i cant stress it enough......learn that move!!!

lemme just say that, initially, i used to just mash the X button....not really thinking about my moves..........well, in the late stages of the game...this will not work. in the late stages....you will get hit, and each hit takes a large chunk off your synch-ometer thingy on the upper left corner!! the "big boss" battles get difficult.....man, i dont wanna spoil if for you, but just wait until the second to last mission, and you'll see what i mean!! (hint: it took me about 3 solid hours of straight fighting to complete that one little section). anyway, just remember to time it right.....and if there are like 6 guys surrounding you, there will always be that one idiot who telegraphs his swing.......giving you an advanced warning to hold down your R trigger and press X right when he swings at you.....

lemme know if that helps.....if not, just let me know how i can help.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:54 am

Xopenex wrote:pillius....when you say "guard break" you dont mean when the guard will hold on to your shirt, and push you back like a little biatch right??? well, i will assume that you do not mean what i just mentioned. hope this helps.......(i hope i remember this correctly), just make sure that you have your R trigger held down, its important to wait until the guard takes a swing at you with his sword, (if you dont wait you wont complete the maneuver correctly).....when the guard swings at you, immediately press the X button. you'll jump out of the way of the guards swing.....and then you'll lunge at him with a counter-swing of your own. that is a skill that will become vital to your survival in the later stages and especially at the end!! i cant stress it enough......learn that move!!!

lemme just say that, initially, i used to just mash the X button....not really thinking about my moves..........well, in the late stages of the game...this will not work. in the late stages....you will get hit, and each hit takes a large chunk off your synch-ometer thingy on the upper left corner!! the "big boss" battles get difficult.....man, i dont wanna spoil if for you, but just wait until the second to last mission, and you'll see what i mean!! (hint: it took me about 3 solid hours of straight fighting to complete that one little section). anyway, just remember to time it right.....and if there are like 6 guys surrounding you, there will always be that one idiot who telegraphs his swing.......giving you an advanced warning to hold down your R trigger and press X right when he swings at you.....

lemme know if that helps.....if not, just let me know how i can help.

nope didn't meant that russ... all i actually do now when i play the game is counter... it's hilarious.. i don't mash buttons... actually am on the last guy now... and actually second to the last guy wasn't too bad.. ehhehe i actually just killed a guard so the other guards would move out of the doorway leaving me to just come behind the guy and assassinate him... and then run away from the guards... i don't believe in fighting all of them cuz it just takes too long...

what i hate is those things i have to go search and kill the guy just so i can get information i was like damn and it's timed???? i was like fuck this .. the assassinations were a lot easier since people(i.e. like the crazies and the drunks) don't get in your way.. the best assassination i've done so far was when the guy was on a boat... it took me awhile to get behind the boat but after that i killed the guy like nothing... and then moved on my way.....no one saw me get to the back of the boat and only 5 guards to take out afterwards...

what i did mean russ is the last move you are supposed to learn... its when they are guarding and you are supposed to break their guards... i couldn't do it in the courtyard... it said take a step first then press attack... it was hard... but i do enjoy countering i've killed many a people including templars with the counter move.. it's dope especially with the knife... ehehe
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:38 am

pillius.....the story nearing the end throws a curve ball at you, so you think you are done with the game.....but you really aren't. thats what i mean when i say that it took me three hours to complete the mission!! you'll see man!! sorry if i spoiled it for you. i used a hell of alot of counters also. all the other moves is pretty much pointless to use, or takes pinpoint timing to use (which i dont have). anyway, good luck.....and lemme know what you think when you're done!!
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:39 pm

Russ - as i write this entry... i am watching the credits for the game(which i had to use the gamefaq for since i was walking around the room as Desmond and didn't know i could use my eagle vision in there haha) .. all i have to say this better not be the ending to this games it's crazy how i had to fight my own brothers but the dude at the end was ok.. i don't know if something else happened because the game froze when it was saving and i was getting out of the animus but thank gosh i restarted where i exit out of the animus... anyway this post will be continued.. if ever credits stop ...

to be continued...
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:02 pm

ok.. just finished assassin's creed..

What is up with games nowadays.. not having a true ending... dammit... i do not like games like this.. have some sort of ending.. and then have the better ending on the next one.. don't leave it up in the air and then me the consumer waiting for more without knowing when the next title is coming.. gosh darn it..

aside from that.. the game is all in all good... it could be better in some aspects(better weapons maybe and a crouch button rather than just a blend button) but it was great game nonetheless... there were annoyances with the crazies and the drunks.. but those are what made the game...

i would give it 4.5 stars out of 5... now onto Rainbow Six Vegas 2...

i need to revamp my website soon so i can actually make reviews on games i play and maybe i can get free games outta it hehehe.. righhtttt sure i will haahaha
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:03 pm

i forgot to say the ending sucked.. that's why i gave it a 4.5 heehehe
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:55 am

yeah....the ending could've definitely been better, but Ubisoft just wants to leave you wondering and wanting more!! my score was pretty similar to yours....i gave Assassin's a 9/10. it lost 1 point because of its repetitiveness.....but all in all its a pretty damn good game!!! dude, i dont know about you, but........that part towards the end where you have to face 10 Templars....and then right after that the Grandmaster himself?????? shit took me forever to defeat all of them! i defeated the 10 guys a good number of times, but then that jerkoff Grandmaster Templar would just jump right in and finish me off!! anyway, fighting those Templars was ALOT harder than facing the Assasin's Grandmaster at the very end!! Damn man, talking to you about this makes me wanna play the game again.......too bad i traded it in already!! thats the thing that kinda sucks about strictly single player games.......once you finish the game, theres pretty much no reason to hold onto it!! Dude, trade that shit in while its a hot commodity.....i think its worth about $30 right now.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:09 am

am now in prestige mode... level 11, i think... i still have the dumblooking badge... sheesh... can't wait to get rid of it...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:50 am

Xopenex wrote:dude, i dont know about you, but........that part towards the end where you have to face 10 Templars....and then right after that the Grandmaster himself?????? shit took me forever to defeat all of them! i defeated the 10 guys a good number of times, but then that jerkoff Grandmaster Templar would just jump right in and finish me off!! anyway, fighting those Templars was ALOT harder than facing the Assasin's Grandmaster at the very end!!

you were right until i figured it out that i actually had to stab him with the hidden weapon didn't know you could counter with the hidden blade .. i was switching from sword to blade real quickly too hahah.. but russ all i did was reversals didn't attack waited for them to attack and when one started talking that's when i sliced him.. i got about half power then that robert guy jumped in guessing he's the last templar you were talking about.. and pretty much he grabbed me and i borke his grab and they take a lot longer to get up when you do that .. so i just switched to hidden blade and pounced on the guy...what was hard were the templars actually until i started figuring out that you have to reverse and then slice them up as they try to get up...

and you're right .. the last guy was nothing.. and i think imma trade it in once r6v2 comes out.. woohoo two more months til the game comes out...
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 - Page 2 Empty cod4 prestige...

Post  ender_bigguns Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:08 am

congrats on making the choice on going prestige! let the repetitiveness now begin...butch is now on his 2nd level of prestige...i still have 10 more lvls to go...but im now prolly playing 2-3 times a week tops...the DPrs clan runs too deep so i dont run on many of their matches if theyre full (im the outside man...and frankly i dont think i kill enough to swing matches in anyones favor)...however i do think im a valuable smoker / planter (which is way undervalued in sabotage and search and destroy...hehe)

in any case im just saying the gaming experience is at a low right now...we need new maps....or new games...or i just jump on the single player games like assassins creed, mass effect, and such...sux....just two more months...i need to bide my time and consider upgrading the router if r6v2 becomes a ps3 game for me...russ the 360 world is kinda quiet nowadays...or maybes its just that everyone is off the fps games recently...oh well
ender_bigguns
ender_bigguns

Back to top Go down

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 - Page 2 Empty wait... what did i just read...?!!!?!?

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:49 am

ender_bigguns wrote:congrats on making the choice on going prestige! let the repetitiveness now begin...butch is now on his 2nd level of prestige...i still have 10 more lvls to go...but im now prolly playing 2-3 times a week tops...the DPrs clan runs too deep so i dont run on many of their matches if theyre full (im the outside man...and frankly i dont think i kill enough to swing matches in anyones favor)...however i do think im a valuable smoker / planter (which is way undervalued in sabotage and search and destroy...hehe)

in any case im just saying the gaming experience is at a low right now...we need new maps....or new games...or i just jump on the single player games like assassins creed, mass effect, and such...sux....just two more months...i need to bide my time and consider upgrading the router if r6v2 becomes a ps3 game for me...russ the 360 world is kinda quiet nowadays...or maybes its just that everyone is off the fps games recently...oh well

did i just see boyet thinking about getting R6V2 for the PS3? whoa... that's news to me...

but i do see your point on the FPS world getting pretty bland. there isn't a game out there that's reuniting the gamers. what's "DP"? kevin and i are actually biding time until R6V2. and kenny will also be jumping in on the fray. his first FPS experience so we're gonna have to take it easy on him. the only other game that is of interest right now is hot shots golf 5 but i'm not even sure if that's coming out anytime soon. 8 players online in matchplay golf. he he he... the san diegos are anxiously awaiting that. it has a preview of how the PSHome will actually function as well.

if you do decide to go with the PS3 version of R6V2, then the san diegos will gladly await your arrival. looking to dominate the R6V2 again. if you guys have the new gameinformer magazine, they have a whole section dedicated to R6V2. screenshots of the new customization menu is there as well as explanations on new gameplay (they've made sure spawn-camping doesn't happen anymore so it might play like COD4). they've also added "branch specialization" power ups. basically, you have 3 branches to build: close quarters combat, assault and sniper. depending on which branch you're on, you get different weapons (ala COD4). so it's looking like R6V2 is turning into COD4. i just hope they didn't fuck up the gameplay too much to not make it worthwhile. a variety of maps have been addes as well, the one i'm looking forward to is the stripclub. ha ha ha... hopefully they kept the older ones as well...

just a couple more months fellas...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 - Page 2 Empty R6V2 gameplay and enhancement video

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:21 am

FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 - Page 2 Empty DPrs = Donkey Punchers

Post  ender_bigguns Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:49 am

DPrs is a clan that Butch was running with and took me in (mostly based in the south)...they run as large as, if not larger than, all of the VnM, plus theyre actually all pretty active (80% in second prestige)...theres one guy on the team which actually ranks in the the 30ks I think, which is pretty big considering the online COD4 community is easily over 1 mill...the guy is really good...hes got the fps 6th sense and his bullets rarely miss...in any case since their clan is big and theyre all always on, their rooms fill quick...unless i jump on at 8 PM, i rarely get into the matches...by the end of the night were playing groundwar since thats one of the only game that supports the larger groups...

other than that...here is the stats
list of the MIA VnM: sepulcher, flashyuconn, kiralyfark, usofakinwetodid, bleatch 2, fo shizl manizl, ecneret, aricept, jelex
sometimes on VnM: xopenex
always on VnM: llcoolbg (now DPrs)

since i prolly get into a DPrs room 30-40% of the time, that means 60-70% of the time im playing with strangers...if r6v2 (psn) garners support from at least 3-4 solid players in the san diegs that means close to 100% of the time we could be playing within a known team. that will outweigh the now defunct 360 VnM team...plus, maybe we can get xopenex and ecneret on the swing vote...hehe...i think we all agree that its not the same if were all not playing...then its trying to negotiate playing time in the living room...which will be rough...

xopenex...if cod4 or halo 3 reflect the amount of people who will consistently play r6v2 on the 360, then the times are looking rough...let me know if you can garner the support though...360 is my first choice, but ill go where the gamers are, and if in this round its psn then thats where i may be
ender_bigguns
ender_bigguns

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:59 am

sad to hear how the once mighty VnM clan has now been relegated to dust...

i understand what you're saying regarding playing with someone good. i sometimes play with a guy who's ranked in the top 1000 on the PSN COD4. although not as big as Xbox Live, the PSN has at least 300,000 people playing. and this guy i play with is ranked 862 or something like that. i look at his stats every once in a while and it's just ridiculous. he's got my stats dwarfed about 12 times over...!!!! since it takes about 1 days worth of playing to get thru the ranks on COD4, this guy has a cumulative play time of over 12 days. so i'm thinking he's probably done prestige mode at least 8 times over... i was like friggin a...!!! he never accepts my invites though... guess i'm too much a noob for him... ha ha ha...

yea, let's do this on the PSN... guaranteed 2/3 of the san diego clan will be there...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:36 pm

i'll be there.. with grenades in hand.. even to do just co-op for a bit.. am just scared of the servers lagging on the psn ...
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:11 pm

finally opted to be prestige.. was taking people out with my M16 heeheh

kuya - u suck with the M16.. i was taking people out with it.. like there was no other.. ehehhe i might have to go to LMG first i liked those things.. hehe level 3 already with just playing for a 15 minute round.. we shall see if i can go further or just not play it again ehehe... i might get GT5: prologue or should i just wait for gt5?
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:22 am

whatever... in any case... i'll probably be on tonight (american idol tonight so maris watches that while i play)... might as well try to rebuild again. one thing i noticed, going from search and destroy matches back to team deathmatch is nuts... talk about fire from all sides... he he he... there's a difference between regular GT5 and GT5:Prologue? i thought it was the same game...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:06 am

yeah Boyet....these are definitely lean times for the 360 crew! Sepulcher has been in Africa for the past couple weeks hanging with the homies taking pictures (then again he dropped COD4 months ago). Kiralyfark?....shit, i havent really played with that guy since the original R6V, Foshizl?...that boy is lucky if he even has 1 hour of free time during the course of the day, and that 1 hour isnt gonna be spent on the xbox...know what i'm sayin? Ursowetod, and Bleatch 2 are a peculiar set.......they both would play but only if certain stipulations are met: 1. they need to be informed ahead of time about the xbox online outing.
2. they tend to play when a bigger bunch is online, and not so much if its
just 1 or 2 peeps playing.
3. (this would apply to any of us)....they need to be available to play.

as for me, you pinpointed it exactly Boyet......i'm a bit burnt out with the game. that, coupled with the Ryan factor just makes it a bad time for me and my COD4. take last night for example, i turned on the box, played Forza and dozed off while playing. within 1 hour i was off my xbox and sleeping for the night. mind you, this was all before 9pm!!!

we all go through the same cycles on new games. some peeps just really enjoy a game and keep playing it, while others get burnt out quicker. it was true of COD4 and it will be true for R6V2. take Virtua Tennis 3 for instance, yourself and Butch stopped playing the game within prolly the first 2-3 weeks of its release, whereas myself and Sepulcher were still playing the game months later. fast forwarding to now......its the case with COD4, yourself and Butch are going like gangbusters on COD4, whereas Sepulcher dropped the game like a bad habit months ago, and i play it sparingly. this isnt a good thing nor is it a bad thing.....its just the way it has been and i'm sure the way it will be with every game. In short, i dont blame you one bit for considering buying R6V2 for the PS3 as opposed to the 360. i mean, you really enjoy the online aspect for all the games that you play. just lemme know what you do end up getting because although i'd prefer to get R6V2 for the 360, i would make an exception if you were to get it for the PS3. But, if Butch gives me a hard time about getting it for the PS3.....i'm gonna blame your ass!! hehehehe!! so you're gonna have some explaining to do with your clanny.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next