NOMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BOYET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 posters

Go down

BOYET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty BOYET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Xopenex Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:10 am

hey boyet, Top Spin 3 is coming out this coming Wednesday. i read some reviews on it and its not sounding like something that i'll get. pretty much all my complaints about that "POS" (using Marc's term) called Top Spin 2, is NOT addressed in Top Spin 3. the reviews that i've read said that the risk shots are still very difficult to pull off.....or in their terms, "the risk (of using the risk shot) does not justify the reward". and ofcourse, as usual with PAM development, there is no doubles off of 4 xbox's. i dont know why they ever changed the risk shot system from the original!!! but then again, what do expect when the developers are F'in French!!! freaking idiots........they took a perfectly good game in the original Top Spin, and completely screwed it up two times over in Top Spin 2 and 3!!!!!!!!!!!!! i swear, in my opinion, all they had to do for Top Spin 2 was add doubles off of 4 xbox's and i would've been happier than a fat pig wallowing away in its own feces!!!
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

BOYET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty hehehe....

Post  ender_bigguns Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:39 am

that is some pretty crappy news ratty! thanks for the heads up...it still may be worth checking out as a rental...but this pretty much might seal the deal for mgs4 being the next prospect for purchase...i had my hopes up too!
ender_bigguns
ender_bigguns

Back to top Go down

BOYET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: BOYET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  FreshBukoJuice Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:47 am

nice!!! we might get to see the mighty ToaD on MGS4 soon... he he he...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

https://noma.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

BOYET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty its official!

Post  ender_bigguns Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:48 am

i was able to get some barnes and noble gift certificates with my northwest miles and you can purchase some gamestop items from bn.com...all in all...im looking at a psp slim...and mgs4....it just may be awhile before i get the gc and then order the items from bn.com
ender_bigguns
ender_bigguns

Back to top Go down

BOYET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: BOYET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  FreshBukoJuice Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:01 am

ha ha ha... nice... i almost bought a DS lite last night. ha ha ha...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

BOYET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty nice...

Post  ender_bigguns Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:12 am

i was looking at the ds lite too, but my biggest feature is the video out on the psp...this way i can pipe stuff back to the tv if needed
ender_bigguns
ender_bigguns

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:15 am

he he he... the games are just more fun on the ds lite... all those brain games... he he he...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:31 am

DS lite rules.. i had the psp.. it wasn't as much fun as i am having on the lite.. just the title of games isn't as good as the psp i think.. not that the games on the psp are lame.. i think it's more addicting on the lite Very Happy
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  ecneret Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:19 am

Pritong_Manok wrote:DS lite rules.. i had the psp.. it wasn't as much fun as i am having on the lite.. just the title of games isn't as good as the psp i think.. not that the games on the psp are lame.. i think it's more addicting on the lite Very Happy

i like th graphics on psp man.. can't beat it. I got spoiled and although ds lite is fun i enjoy the PSP from the eye candy perspective way more... i looking for a EEEPC for video..haha
ecneret
ecneret

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:58 am

yup, i'll have to agree with TT boy. i have both the ds lite and the PSP slim.......and the ds lite can't get anywhere near the PSP when it comes to graphics. but on the same token, there are some really fun games on the ds lite....my more favorite are New Super Mario Bros., MarioKart, and Advance Wars. my only complaint about the DS lite is that its made out of cheap plastic, so its very prone to cracking...(especially around the hinge areas). i have to say though, that new "Metallic Rose" DS lite color is sweet!!! boyet, its your choice, but there is a new "Metallic Blue" PSP slim coming in August......its gonna come packaged with Madden 09 as a bundle deal (it'll even come with a 1gig card). that color is the shiz, i actually wanna get it myself.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:10 am

he he he... i'm just trying to get it for the whole gaming experience. the ds is good enough for what i need it for. besides, i don't think i would really play the PSP enough to warrant getting one. besides, the DS has more interesting games to play. gotta give it up to nintendo for coming up with some great social gaming ideas.
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:18 am

Buks, so what color ds lite did you get for Maris?? and what games did you get her?? like i said, be careful with that DS....i am now on my 3rd DS lite, the previous 2 i had both cracked around the hinge areas. i like to think i take pretty good care of my electronics stuff, so i cant imagine how quickly a little kid would crack that DS lite!! anyway, enjoy it....i wonder who'll be playing it more.......you or Maris??? hehehehe
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:24 am

ha ha ha...

i got her the metallic rose one. she's been playing it more actually. i'll be on the PS3 and she's on the DS. he he he... works out well...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:37 am

Nice!! i think that actually the best color right now (metallic rose). call me gay......but that really is a sweet color!! which games does she have?? i can only assume that she is bringing it on the plane??????
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:42 am

she only has brain age 2 at the moment. i'm thinking of getting her brain academy as well as flash focus. she likes those games that improve your brain functionality as opposed to just the regular games.

speaking of which. here's a must download game from the PSN. it's called "echochrome". ender, i definitely think you will like this puzzle game. it's kinda along intelligent qube gaming. not the same gameplay but more of a "different" looking puzzle game. it's basically an mc escher puzzle game. it's nutty... download the demo if you can. the full game is $10 from the PSN and has about 30 puzzles...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

BOYET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty hehe...

Post  ender_bigguns Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:23 am

yeah i agree that game looks sweet buks....been reading about it for awhile and i downloaded the demo...as for the handheld arena...i agree with you all about ds...i definitely would get it if it had a video out, but im partial to the portable media player...not many devices have a video out capability so it weighs in heavily for me...ive had too many unreadable dvd issues lately so im switching over some video to mp4 just out of frustration...not to mention the ps3 and browsing capabilities were always nice as well!
ender_bigguns
ender_bigguns

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:53 am

gotta agree with you there boyet. that browsing capability on the psp is a nice bonus. in terms of internet browsing.....i think i split it 50/50 between using my psp and using my computer. i'll use the PS3's/PSP "remote play", so essentially i am browsing the internet using the PS3's engine, on my PSP. that way, browsing is quick with no lag (because of the PS3's horsepower). kinda nice to be browsing the web, while chilling out in bed (or in the shitter for that matter)!!! i actually had the video out cables before, but i just didnt use it enough....so i ended up trading it in. i was playing Grand Theft Auto "Vice City" on the PSP with video out onto my tv. tis a nice feature, and it comes out pretty good too on the tv.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:53 am

i just got guitar hero on tour for the DS will review later woohoo!!
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:08 pm

nice pritong, i'll be awaiting your review!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:42 am

ok i got free guitar hero earphones from gamestop when i ordered and the cool thing about it is that if u have an old DS u can still play guitar hero..they give u a free adapter for it..

PROS

it's guitar hero..and its portable.

CONS

a lot of cons.. since i was think expecting too much on it.

granted i only played for a little while.. but when i started of at easy.. the buttons were really slow and after two songs i had to move to medium since it was faster than easy and the medium on this is easy on the consoles ...

songs i have so far are alright.. Jessie's girl is my fave so far...

graphics are less to be desired..

and holding the ds in that way for an hour hurts your arms.. maybe just my arm but it felt like after i stop playing a lightning bolt shoots thru my arm after i stop holding the DS...

Also strumming with the pick isn't as good as strumming on the guitar with the consoles... as i was playing the game .. i would be strumming just looking at the screen then all of the sudden it's not even playing the buttons am holding anymore and i was like wtf and then i look the pick was actually not on the strings itself.. so if u want to play right u have to keep looking at buttons screen and also look to see if ur still on the strungs while u are strumming it with the pick.

also u have to say(they tell u to scream it but i won't have it) rock out or YAH!!! in order to activate star power... kewl idea.. but i think people will be wondering what u are doing everytime u say rock out or yah...they be like weirdo...

anyway i will give this game a b+/b-(more on the b- side) in my opinion. great concept for the game as always..but playing on this is alot harder than actually playing it on the consoles and that's kinda why it takes the fun factor out of it..though singing jessie's girl was really fun too hahaha...and i think this game will give u some sort of carpal tunnel.. or something after u hold it for an hour or so.. the game is in itself is guitar hero and u know what to expect.. but gameplay is a lot harder since ur actually really not strumming the guitar(at least with the consoles it feels like it) .. and keep ur eyes on the guitar strings... u might think ur strumming the guitar but ur prolly strumming the bottom of the guitar when u start missing...just my two cents...
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:40 am

nice pritong. thanks for the review. yeh, i actually get that "sore arm" syndrome while playing Advance Wars on the DS lite. (although it sounds like you get it worse than i do). anyway, i guess its just from holding the DS lite so close to my face for long periods of time. ironically, i dont seem to have that same problem with my PSP.....(maybe cus the PSP has a bigger screen, so i dont have to hold it as close). but yeh, when i saw the game at Best Buy, it looked kinda small for my fat fingers......i actually thought to myself that i would have to limit my playtime with the game because i could just picture my fingers/hand cramping. in short, i'll more than likely still get it. but just not too sure when. but thanks again for the review Pritong.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:44 pm

not a problema russie.. oh and i don't get it too much on my ds just on guitar hero because ur kinda stationary for most of the song.. it's like wtf ...but no worries.. i say wait the til the price drops or if someone returns it..
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:09 am

boyet, you try the Top Spin 3 demo on XBL???? the gameplay is completely different. you hold down a button to power up a shot and then you release the button to hit the ball and for power. it takes a bit to get used to, especially for old school Top Spinner's like us, but i guess i am kinda indifferent about the game. in my opinion, i wouldnt mind renting it, but would never spend the 60 bones to get it. Sep and Kiralyfark feel different though, cus those guys had it since day one. that is their game of choice right now.....i always see them both online playing it. i am telling you man, literally all they needed was support for doubles off 4 boxes and i would've been all up in that. but as usual, PAM decided not to do that.........French idiots!@!
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

BOYET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty havent tried the demo yet...

Post  ender_bigguns Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:13 am

thats actually encouraging that sep and fark are playing it, but it does suk that there no coop doubles...what are they thinking???
ender_bigguns
ender_bigguns

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:44 am

i know Boyet...........i seriously dont see myself spending 60 bones on a Top Spin iteration until PAM comes out with doubles off of 4 boxes!!!..........and who the hell knows when PAM will actually get a clue and include it?!?!?!?!?! but yeah, TS3 is Sep's and Farkass's game of choice right now...........i guess thats not really saying much, cus you know how it is with those guys (but especially Sep).....they'll play the game hardcore until something new comes out, then they wont pick up the game for months. dont get me wrong, i'm not trashing those guys.....its just the way they go through their games. besides, i guess they can afford to get whatever game they want, whenever they want cus they gots the dough!! in my case, i have to pick and choose which games to get cus i just cant afford to get all these games anymore.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down