NOMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ps3 down...at least for games and dvds

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ps3 down...at least for games and dvds Empty ps3 down...at least for games and dvds

Post  ender_bigguns Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:27 pm

oh well...guess gaming just wasnt supposed to be..

my ps3 no longer plays games or newer dvds....sux. i need to find my receipt and get in touch with sony to see if theyll fix it. you guys will still see me online, but its most likely cuz im streaming video over ps3. peace all!
ender_bigguns
ender_bigguns

Back to top Go down

ps3 down...at least for games and dvds Empty Re: ps3 down...at least for games and dvds

Post  Xopenex Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:24 am

wait what??? your PS3 just broke??? i thought these things were supposed to be built well! dude, get a slim!!! runs much cooler cus it uses a third of the power of the fatties, plus the fan is super quiet!! not to mention its a third smaller/lighter! now that you mention it, Boyet.......did you know that your PS3 was on like almost all day (every day)? i'm guessing you were playing videos for Raff. i would always.......(literally....ALWAYS!!) see your PS3 online when i logged into mine. i'm sure having it on all the time didnt help. anyway.....just my 2 cents.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

ps3 down...at least for games and dvds Empty Re: ps3 down...at least for games and dvds

Post  ender_bigguns Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:47 am

yep...it was most likely raf...the weird thing is that raf wasnt even really using the dvd player. we play about 80% or more of our video over the network , so no disk should be spinning. and its not even all dvds...the ps3 still recognizes really old dvds or cds, just not new dvds, games, or burnt dvds....which sux
ender_bigguns
ender_bigguns

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:34 am

just get the slim... he he he... what is it now, $250? he he he...

sorry boyet... and just when i was getting my MW2 legs back...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

https://noma.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:45 am

maybe it just needs cleaning? or maybe needs to cool down? who knows.. anyway.. would u be able to salvage the hard drive.. which brings me to my question.. if my ps3 dies.. can i just take out my hard drive and put it in the new one? wondering..
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  ender_bigguns Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:03 pm

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General-Discussion/Bluray-laser-lifespan-Users-with-bluray-failure-your-going-to/m-p/9618619

...hope yours last longer than mine did...friggin sony better pony up and fix my ps3...rrod's sukd, but at least at the end of the day i had a machine that played games...
ender_bigguns
ender_bigguns

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:19 pm

hahaha... sorry boyet... but the forum you posted seemed to be in denial as to who's at fault. whether it's sony really saying that the blu-ray lasers only last a year or not. did you try looking up "running burned cd's on PS3's"? i still think there might be a correlation there... he he he...

in any case, sorry to hear about the first PS3 that died. i'm just keeping my fingers crossed that mine doesn't give up. although your PS3 was pretty much on 15 - 18 hours a day. hmmm... time to get a netbook for rafy... he he he...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ender_bigguns Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:34 pm

youre right on the netbook part...i keep my laptops on 24/7 and they havent failed. i could just replace the ps3 with a cheap laptop and at least it would still be functioning. maybe just bide my time until starcraft 2 comes out...again hopefully sony fixes it
ender_bigguns
ender_bigguns

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:36 pm

good luck man...!!! think it'll be fixed by this week? kevin's trying to organize a MW2 night... hahaha...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ecneret Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:41 pm

wow... didn't know u guys back on here...hahaha... PS3 for me better not die! it is my main blu ray player and hub for my entertainment unit now...

bigguns-- i may have laptop for raffy's needs if you want...hehe
ecneret
ecneret

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:47 pm

whoa!!! T's back!!! woo hoo!!! get MW2 yet? he he he...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ender_bigguns Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:51 pm

shet i got a copy you could use...
ender_bigguns
ender_bigguns

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:54 pm

hahahah... that is true... go borrow boyet's copy, T... we trying to get a night of gaming going... it'll be part 1 of 8 bachelor parties for kevin... ha ha ha...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ecneret Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:08 pm

I bought a copy a few weeks back... JT and I played coop missions over xmas break... i am reminded how BAD I am at these but it was still fun! I'll go on for a private game and be cannon fodder for you guys...haha

part 1 of 8... DAYAM!
ecneret
ecneret

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:09 pm

just guesstimating... ha ha ha... we'll throw paulie's bachelor party in there as well... ha ha ha...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ender_bigguns Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:18 pm

if paulies includes online gaming can it be a downloadable game like marvel vs capcom 2...i have no problems playing downloaded games...or maybe something pc or iphone based...hehe
ender_bigguns
ender_bigguns

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:20 pm

hahaha... nice... but only MW2 lets you all play at once... hahahah...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:18 pm

wait so lemme get this straight. Boyet, assuming Sony doesnt fix it on their dime........are you wrapping up gaming on the PS3 altogether?? or you gonna get a replacement?? i hear Sony will charge you $150 to fix your old PS3 (if its out of warranty), or you'll also have an option of using that $150 repair fee for a new PS3 slim. atleast thats what i hear.......you may wanna research it though.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:19 pm

i been telling him to get a new PS3... hehehe...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:27 pm

Oh damn, i read that link that was posted on "failed Blu rays". seems to me that Sony is playing the same game that Microsoft did with the 360. the respective consoles will work for the warranty period.....but after that, you're f**ked. and they (MS, Sony) knows this will happen.........thats the worst part.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:30 pm

but it also said that it was happening only to small group of people... probably got some blu-ray parts from the PI and that's why that shit is breaking... they gotta check their suppliers to see where this could be originating from.

do you leave a disc in there for the day while streaming videos for rafy? maybe for some reason the laser would still run even though the drive isn't active. just a thought...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ender_bigguns Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:41 pm

hmmm...id say it was mixed...some days i would find a dvd in there, sometimes there wasnt. but there was definitely never a game or a bluray disk sitting in there. i dont own any blurays and i dont let raf near the games. i only have games in there while i am playing. i still have some hope that sony might fix this for free cuz im definitely not putting up $150 like some of these guys online did...i wouldnt even pony up $60 for a new blu-ray laser...
ender_bigguns
ender_bigguns

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:45 pm

but this is a PS3!??!?!? damn... it's like that... just abandon all hope...? it's all good... you'll be there in spirit...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:23 pm

"i wouldnt even pony up $60 for a new blu-ray laser"... boyet.......thats funny yo!! boyet's like.........not only will i not spend $150 for my PS3 but i'll better that and not "pony up" $60 for a blu ray laser!!! it may sound strange, but i found the humor in that. i dont blame you though boyet.....when you have 3 other mouths to feed in the house, everything gets prioritized (especially PS3's). in the end, we'll all be hopeful that you'll be back on the PSN at some point in the future. (hopefully sooner rather than later).
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

ps3 down...at least for games and dvds Empty yo boyet try this

Post  Pritong_Manok Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:03 pm

found this on a forum..let's hope.. damn electronics dying nowadays sheryll's iphone wifi is dead too.. dang..

this has happen to me!! and i end up buying another ps3 and it end up the same!!! i fix both of them!!! and about over 200 consols with the same problem!!! this is what u do! you connect your control direct to your ps3. and then you hold the power button for 5 seconds!! the system will turn on!!!remove your finger for a second and hold the power button till you hear 2beeps then remove your finger and the system will shut off!! this is a manuel reset!!! the system will turn back on!! asking u to connect your controller!! you already have it connected. then it will give you about 6 options!! you will choose RESTORE FILES!!! your system will check for your system defaults!! then it will tell you that you have corrupted files!! and proceed with it!!! it will fix if you have problems with your controls,if it doesnt play games,blue ray,if it freeze, system shutting off,icon problems,only playing sertting games or movies!!! if you have problems or any question feel free to ask!! i know is fustrating!!!
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next