NOMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

5 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 - Page 3 Empty new DAD woes...

Post  FreshBukoJuice Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:20 am

ha ha ha... sorry to hear that russ...

you guys are still hardcore into your 360. understood...

i agree with all the points you've made, russ... but i can also see where boyet's coming from. R6V was my introduction to FPS's so it'll always have a place in my gaming history. hell, i even call it my most favorite game of all time. and towards the end of that time, i think only boyet and i were the only ones playing that game online almost every time we turned on the 360. fast forward to now where R6V2 is only a couple months away and i again am looking forward to this game. just so happens that kevin, kenny and i have PS3's and will more than likely pick up the game when it comes out. i will probably play that game until it either get's scratched or until a new game comes out (FFXIII).

in any case, as an update, i'm trying to build a clan out on the PS3 now of pinoys. kevin's co-worker and his cousin are probably going to get the game so that should make 5 for the clan (Crispy_Pata, Pritong_Manok, MrPO, jeprokz and memaddnice)... also, my Zangetsu1118 account is still active.

kevin - you still planning on taking a new name when R6V2 comes out? lemme know and maybe we can get a theme going. ha ha ha...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

https://noma.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Rainbow 6 Vegas 2

Post  Pritong_Manok Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:32 am

Crispy_Pata wrote: there's a difference between regular GT5 and GT5:Prologue? i thought it was the same game...

i think there is because gt5 prologue reading from gamestop it said it was the precursor for GT5.. i was like there's a difference in gt5 and prologue? so i don't know...
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:43 am

Crispy_Pata wrote:

kevin - you still planning on taking a new name when R6V2 comes out? lemme know and maybe we can get a theme going. ha ha ha...

i prolly am.. i just couldn't figure out how to make a subaccount for the ps3.. is it just create a user? just wondering..

and aside from all the games .. R6V was the game that got me into FPS as well and wanted to get a 360 for it... even when the guy at gamestop was trying so hard to tell me to buy gears of war first i said no.. i'll take the r6v...

you guys are right.. there are some games i get sick of real quick.. but nothing grabbed my attention for so long as R6V... it was just nice seeing we were all together making fun of each other and stuff on the machine...i met some kewl guys too.. i remember the days on friday nights from 10-3.. we were all up playing the game...i used to go to marks and then drive home real quick just so i can some gaming done with you guys... i miss those days... sniff sniff...ha ha

but all in all.. those were the days.. we sometimes had someone new come on.. but every night there was always 3 or 4 of us online... whether it be bigguns, xopenex, sepulcher, LLcoolBG, or buko juice...and sometimes i ran with the TAE clan just representing my VnM clan... as i would always say it means Very Nice Meat to many who have asked...i still remember one of the days i was actually running mark and boyet out on streets(i didn't know they wer lagging but it still counts as a win for me hehe) and the guys on my team were like dude you must be the best on your clan and i was like nah ..they are better than me.. and they were like whaever man.. you don't have to be modest.. you were taking them all out... i didn't have the heart to tell them that they were lagging.. see.. we were known somewhat...

hopefully we can get the glory days back if not.. it was fun when it lasted...
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:23 am

i prolly am.. i just couldn't figure out how to make a subaccount for the ps3.. is it just create a user? just wondering..

yea, just create new user. then choose subaccount. then just follow the instructions....
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:26 am

when i created a user yesterday.. it just created a user for me...but didn't ask if this was a subaccount... that's why i was wondering.. oh well we shall see..
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:27 am

i think you can tie it to your main account...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:32 am

i still remember one of the days i was actually running mark and boyet out on streets(i didn't know they wer lagging but it still counts as a win for me hehe) and the guys on my team were like dude you must be the best on your clan and i was like nah ..they are better than me.. and they were like whaever man.. you don't have to be modest.. you were taking them all out... i didn't have the heart to tell them that they were lagging.. see.. we were known somewhat...

i remember that day. i was so pissed that i was lagging that i just jumped off the game... i think i played with one of them a couple days after. they remembered me. those were the days i was running with the G36C. i was wreaking havoc on the streets (i think i ended up with like 21 kills) and some guy was like "holy shit man! you're owning them with that G36C!!!" i had like a 7 kill streak. man!!! i loved that stage. hang out on the porch and first one that walked out got their head blown off. ha ha ha... then i found the MTAR. now that was a gun... the MTAR, FAMAS, G36C and M8. those were all quality guns... and just for fun, i'd take out the uzi and go head hunting... ha ha ha... that noob cannon was not fair though (although russ used it every chance he got, fucker...)
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:55 pm

not so sure i used the uzi all that much, Buko..........it was the P90 and the other submachine gun (M7??? maybe??). anyway, i used to be such a whore with those submachine (aka..... spray-and-pray) guns. then they came out with that damn map pack where every damn map was freakin huge.......rendering submachine guns absolutely useless!! that was when i was forced to get accustomed to using the M8 or the FAMAS!!! thank god, from what i read/heard......R6V2 will mostly be smaller maps and not the huge ones!!!!
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:59 pm

yea... you and sepulcher always preferred the SMG's. sep would be running with his MP9 and you'd be running around with your MP7A1. HA! i still got it!!! anyways, those are good guns to start with. but i needed the assault rifle's power. boyet was running around with the UMP45 for the longest until he tried the FAMAS and it made a believer out of him. there's just no substituting the power you get from an assault rifle...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 - Page 3 Empty famas upgrade

Post  ender_bigguns Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:07 am

i miss the ump!...the only reason i left is because they patched the smg's so you couldnt 'snipe' across the maps...i could snipe guys out of streets with an ump and have no loss in damage...after the patch i lost the power so i had to upgrade...famas was definitely the shiz!!!

nevertheless...thanks to someone in TAE, my favorite humiliation weapon soon became the breaching charge...i used to pray that that the host chose the vault because of all the doors...ah...cant wait!
ender_bigguns
ender_bigguns

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:08 pm

oh yea... you and those breaching charges...

i just ran with the normal frags/incendiaries. if they turned those off and left teargas on, i'd switch it to mask/teargas. if those were off, then it was radar/motion sensors. ha ha ha...

i remember matches in the vault where the long hallway in the back would look like a disco show with all the laser sensors being activated there. one of the better places to put motion sensors was underneath the back staircase of bravo spawn at LVU. that and boyet showing me how to really use a motion sensor to glitch at LVU. ha ha ha...

man, i wish i could play...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:35 pm

boyet and kuyas random thrown grenades and i do remember those hallways filled with motion sensors... i was like damn boyet's been here.... he he he
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:54 am

Pritong_Manok wrote:boyet and kuyas random thrown grenades and i do remember those hallways filled with motion sensors... i was like damn boyet's been here.... he he he

as i've said before, they're not random. boyet and i played that game for so long, we knew exactly where people would be especially at the beginning of the match. so we'd just throw frags where people were going to be. if you were smart, you'd wait 5 seconds at the spawn to ensure that you made it through the first round of frags. ha ha ha... and unlike COD4, frags blew up as soon as they landed. none of this you got 5 seconds to throw the frag back or run away from it... ha ha ha...

man, i really wanna play R6V now. hmmm... might do the rental thing so i can get this feenin' out of my system... he he he...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:30 pm

they were random.. u didn't know if people were going to be there...ha ha
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 - Page 3 Empty Updated list of upgrades to R6V2

Post  FreshBukoJuice Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:24 pm

check this out fellas!!!

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1991064316/m/6751041826

"no melee" ... YES!!!!!
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:07 am

they seemed to have copied alot of what COD4 had to offer!!! i dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing?!?!?!?!?!?!

1. destructible environments - copied from COD4 (i like this option though)
- "you can damage vehicles to the point that they will explode" - straight copy from COD4!

2. sprinting - copied from COD4 (not sure if i am gonna like this one, i am fairly certain that all previous Rainbow Six iterations since the beginning never had any "sprint feature".....admittedly, that feature is handy but i hate when players sprint everywhere just to catch you unaware, then they stab (aka melee) your ass before you even knew what the hell hit you!!!!!!!!... freggin hate that shit!!!!!!!! atleast i could thank Ubisoft for no "melee" move!!)

3. "preset equipment templates" - thats a straight copy off of COD4!! (its useful, so i dont mind this one so much)

In short, looks like the Ubisoft developers played a good amount of COD4!! I just hope that these changes dont completely screw up the game!! Actually, i'm kinda scared for you guys. you guys absolutely adored the original R6V (as did I). I remember being completely addicted to the original Rainbow Six Three (on the original xbox), then they came out with some crappy-ass follow up game (forgot the name of it.....then again, it really wasnt worth remembering). anyway, they changed the gameplay big-time.....which is why it completely SUCKED!!! i really just hope they dont freaking do it again!!!
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:16 am

yea, they copied a lot from COD4. but the one thing that really screws with my patience on COD4 is bullet flight. i could swear i'm aiming right at the guy's head and i'd completely miss it for some unknow reason. meanwhile the guy just "sprays and prays" and he gets a headshot. now how fair is that.

the balance on R6V was much, much, MUCH better than COD4. i like the whole idea of having pre-set silencers. that always pissed me off when i would have to reload the silencer before every round on R6V. at least now, once you set your preferences for your gun set-up, it'll save it.

a lot of people were commenting on how the sight on R6V was unfair because people would mark the middle of their screen where the sight would be (a la the TAE clan). so maybe ubisoft will fix this and make it more realistic like COD4. i hope they don't.

that "no melee" is a welcome "non-change" from the old R6V. but i am holding my breath on this one because as russ pointed out, sequels usually suck. he he he...

did you happen to see the weapons list? did you see the silenced sniper rifle? nice....

i'm sticking with the MTAR21. although they did say the best gun in the game was the FAMAS, if only it carried more bullets...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:20 am

Xopenex wrote:they seemed to have copied alot of what COD4 had to offer!!! i dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing?!?!?!?!?!?!

1. destructible environments - copied from COD4 (i like this option though)
- "you can damage vehicles to the point that they will explode" - straight copy from COD4!

2. sprinting - copied from COD4 (not sure if i am gonna like this one, i am fairly certain that all previous Rainbow Six iterations since the beginning never had any "sprint feature".....admittedly, that feature is handy but i hate when players sprint everywhere just to catch you unaware, then they stab (aka melee) your ass before you even knew what the hell hit you!!!!!!!!... freggin hate that shit!!!!!!!! atleast i could thank Ubisoft for no "melee" move!!)

3. "preset equipment templates" - thats a straight copy off of COD4!! (its useful, so i dont mind this one so much)

In short, looks like the Ubisoft developers played a good amount of COD4!! I just hope that these changes dont completely screw up the game!! Actually, i'm kinda scared for you guys. you guys absolutely adored the original R6V (as did I). I remember being completely addicted to the original Rainbow Six Three (on the original xbox), then they came out with some crappy-ass follow up game (forgot the name of it.....then again, it really wasnt worth remembering). anyway, they changed the gameplay big-time.....which is why it completely SUCKED!!! i really just hope they dont freaking do it again!!!

some comments:
1. yea, it's a copy from COD4, but it'll level the playing field for those people camping around corners that you can't see. just shoot every corner before going around it. ha ha ha... so it's a pretty welcome addition.

2. i thought there was sprint feature in R6V. i could be wrong. i haven't played that game in like 4 months.

3. there were pre-set templates in the original R6V. just never used it coz we always stuck with that one gun...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:42 am

there were pre sets in the in r6v? i didn't know that.. and the silenced sniper is a welcomed addition...but i just don't snipe hehe... and i don't think am going to like this right now.. because there are so many add ons that seem like it's not the old r6v anymore...oh well march 11th.. we shall see.. i might be finished playing madden then he he
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:40 am

yeh, i was just thinking the same thing......there were pre-set load outs in R6V????
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:55 am

Xopenex wrote:yeh, i was just thinking the same thing......there were pre-set load outs in R6V????

yep... if you went back to the game, i think they had 3 pre-sets: assault, recon and sniper. they're really small tabs on the outfitting screen. but they're there. we never really used it coz we always just switched guns since R6V just let you do that during the match. unlike COD4 where you could only use your pre-set options.

in any case, it doesn't sound too bad in terms of changes. the only real big change is that environment destruction change. that will totally change game play. no more hiding behind crates, corners, slot machines, doors, etc. i don't think that famous "boyet breaching charge on the door" glitch probably will work anymore since you can just shoot through the damn door.

looking forward to it but also being very wary about the changes. time will soon tell...

Last edited by on Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 - Page 3 Empty ah shet!!!!

Post  ender_bigguns Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:44 pm

good point! no more dam breaching charge with that spy cam...what will i do with those pistol matches!!! i guess i may switch to smoke/tear/flash tactics...outside of the normal motion sensor light show...oh well!

maybe i should just throw in r6v now to get my last licks before everyone leaves the game...but then ill have to hold back on my ranking up in cod4....dam those developers...dont they know that these long drawn out ranking systems just feed into my ocds!!!
ender_bigguns
ender_bigguns

Back to top Go down

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 - Page 3 Empty BOFA

Post  FreshBukoJuice Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:39 am

hey kevin... am running with clan name BOFA... ha ha ha... get it?
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:08 am

on what r6v? aight.. so when people ask me i'll know what to say he he
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 - Page 3 Empty Part II of the R6V2 forum from Ubisoft