NOMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NHL 09

+2
Xopenex
FreshBukoJuice
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

NHL 09 - Page 2 Empty kev...

Post  ender_bigguns Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:42 am

theyll never pass if you press r1...i havent played in awhile, but i believe that is the "tell them to shoot" button...r2 calls for the pass...i scrap around the net and i do abuse the r2 button...man thisll be crazy when were all playing together...i want to find out what the in-game chat is like...if we can all talk to each other without the other team listening...
ender_bigguns
ender_bigguns

Back to top Go down

NHL 09 - Page 2 Empty Re: NHL 09

Post  Pritong_Manok Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:28 am

ah i see i thought it was call for a shot meaning i'm calling for the shot hahahah ok now i get it hahaha
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:45 am

dork!!! R2 is to call for the puck... ha ha ha...

yea, last night, i got called up from the minor leagues to join the NHL. but my stupid settings didn't save it...!!! aaarrrggghhh... so now i have to do it all again. my guy is actually leading point scorer in the AHL and my team is number one. toronto marlies... ha ha ha... just waiting for the call up now.

monk/ender - sent you guys club invites to manila ICE last night. check your online invites. xop is already on it. still trying to figure out how to host a private match. maybe tonight we'll give it a try.

kenny said he might pick it up today. he's still on the fence about it. he's not sure if he likes the shooting controls...

here are the positions so far:
Xop - RW
Buko - C (sniper style)

not sure what you guys wanna be. btw, i made my guy my correct size. just letting y'all know.

xop - if you want it a little more realistic, i think you can edit your pro and play with the edited version online. without having to scrap your present career. that's what i did. i have one "normal sized" career with toronto. and one "monster sized" career with the devils. so at least online you can be normal looking. hahaha...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

https://noma.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

NHL 09 - Page 2 Empty nice buks....

Post  ender_bigguns Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:19 am

if im on...itll be late...ill definitely join manila ice when i jump on...

kenny - i dont know if i remember it correctly, but i thought i saw you can revert to 'classic' controls..although i like the controls...im just not completely used to it yet...the analog is crazy...reminds me of all the soccer games..
ender_bigguns
ender_bigguns

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:25 am

wait, pass that by me again Buks. how can i edit my player "online" as you said???? if i am not mistaken, you cant change your players looks unless you start your career over again. so are you saying that i can edit my dude, and continue with the same career?? if so, please fill me in! and Pillius.......i play 5 min matches. it actually goes a bit fast, but i'm reluctant to make it any longer. by the way boys, i gots to work the next couple nights, so you wont be seeing me online till atleast Wed. night. any of you guys know if we can play online with 5 and let the goalie be AI?? that possible?? hey Boyet, good luck tonight on the ice. i just picked up my hockey equipment from the storage facility it was at (untouched) for the last 6 years!!! hehehehe! ....needless to say, i have to inspect my smelly hockey equipment for rats/spiders/fungus!!! hehehe!
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:33 am

your career is saved separate from your player.

so essentially, you can edit your players looks and attributes without touching that same players looks and attributes on career mode. for example, if your player is 6'7" on career mode, you can keep him in that career. go back to the menu screen and edit your pro from there, make him smaller (you can't edit your pro on career mode anyways). now your player will have different attributes OUTSIDE OF CAREER MODE. once you go anywhere else but career mode, your player will have the new attributes. your career mode player will still be the monster size that you initially started with. clear enough?

yea, i play 5 minute matches. reluctant to make it longer as well. been trying to get better at playing D. hee hee...

not sure about the online play yet. still have to try. reluctant to go online and play with strangers... we'll try to give it a go tonight or something. i think i must've put about 15 hours play time on this game in the last 2 days. hee hee... it's addicting.
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:36 am

oh i get it. problem is, i wanna change the looks of my career dude without starting over. guess it aint possible. ahh well.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:44 am

yea sorry, xop... that's one of the more annoying "features" of an EA game. sucks... dunno why they won't let you do it. that's why it takes me so long to decide whether i want an EA game or not. their controls, features are always so dumb!!! AO2 got annoying because of that... sheesh... you'd think they'd learn...

it's not like you're really far into your career yet, are you? no biggie for me. i just re-started... but now i do have 2 careers to choose from. hee hee...

EA's online menu is so wack as well... not sure what the "dressing room" is for. weird...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:18 am

yeh i dont know what that dressing room is for either. we definitely should start playing some games though. so, as it stand now its: me, you, boyet, and kevin that already have the game with Kenny a question mark. right?? trying to see if my bro in law wants to get the game also. thing is, he's always out...so i dont know how often he'll actually play. try to really convince your bro to get it, or better yet get it for him as an early christmas gift.....hehehehe!! dude, all we need is two more peeps and we have a team!!! attempted to convince Los, but he wants the PSP 3000 coming out in October so i doubt he'll get NHL 09.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

NHL 09 - Page 2 Empty WTF.... I logon a couple days late..

Post  ecneret Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:21 am

and everyone got NHL 09.. even BOJ... dayammm... i need to find a way to get this game... under the radar... problem is my ps3 is hub of entertainment center so i will be fighting tv time with wifey.... hmmmm hmmm things to work out...
ecneret
ecneret

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:27 am

boyet, i picked up my hockey equipment today from storage. inspected it all, i think i'll need a new helmet, a new girdle, and a couple of hockey sticks. for some reason, i didnt have any hockey sticks....then again, i prolly just used it for street hockey when my days with the Wharton Wildmen were over. the shin guards that i have will do for now. so i guess i am looking at spending maybe $180 - $200 for the stuff i need......dammit!! Kim's gonna go ballistic!!! some of my equipment were rusted up, but i shouldnt be entirely surprised by that considering they've been sitting in storage for about 6 years!! my skates were rusted up but nothing that a skate sharpening wont fix. still have my old crusty jock strap with cup included, and surprisingly i still have my old mouthpiece (ofcourse i'll have to disinfect that big time!). just keep me posted regarding the Fall clinics/leagues.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:28 am

TT boy, get it man!! you wont be disappointed!! besides we need another teammate!!.....i'll play D, you can play RW if you want.......whatever you want, just as long as you pick it up!!!!
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:32 am

ha ha ha... you guys are funny... issues with the wifeys... ha ha ha... negotiating for gametime... he he he...

hopefully i won't have to go through that. she's already hinting that we should do things together more often. ha ha ha. let me see if i can shut that idea off... ha ha ha...

anyways, the club is ready (although we might have to discuss uni's. i picked some uniform that i have no idea what it looks like. i just liked their icon).

yea, t... forget TW09 for now. it's all about hockey... ha ha ha...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ecneret Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:38 am

Xopenex wrote:TT boy, get it man!! you wont be disappointed!! besides we need another teammate!!.....i'll play D, you can play RW if you want.......whatever you want, just as long as you pick it up!!!!

dang man.. like the good ol days... maybe they have a discounted copy of it at costco.. i am going tonight..haha
ecneret
ecneret

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:19 pm

YES!!! dats what i wanna hear TT boy.....pick up that shiz tonight meng!!!!! whatever position you wanna play is cool with me!...as long as you get it hehehehe!! so assuming TT boy picks it up...we'll have 5. i wonder if we can have the goalie be an AI goalie and still be able to play in leagues.......anyone know??
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:36 pm

dunno xop... we'll need to test it out tonight... oh wait... you won't be on...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:44 pm

yeah yeah yeah......i wont be on. unfortunately i gotta freggin work. but lemme know if you can or not. talk to you peeps later, signing off for now.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:53 pm

Xopenex wrote:oh i get it. problem is, i wanna change the looks of my career dude without starting over. guess it aint possible. ahh well.

i don't think it is xop.. but there is and edit pro in career mode just don't know if u can change him physically.. but u might be able to change his skates and everything but not just the face.
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:18 pm

i'll play goalie if no one wants too.. and i'll also be defense.. am not a good shooter anyway..
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

NHL 09 - Page 2 Empty monk...

Post  ender_bigguns Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:24 pm

well rotate...im getting kinda psyched about defense as well...we can goaltending duties
ender_bigguns
ender_bigguns

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:28 pm

nice i wouldn't mind that...but let me practice first i've never done goalie in any of these games
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:35 pm

also i could be defense grinder since i do like hitting people.. i just can't get the poke stick right
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:09 pm

had to change my team.. why? cuz teh NY rangers farm team sucks.. there were so many times they should have checked the guy and bam.. nothing they just stand there i was like freaking.. hurt them... so i changed to the calgary flames farm league and they are called the quad city flames and from the first game... i have two goals already and and first star... my team actually hits people and they actually steal the puck i... i have an easier time scoring and they actually rebound the puck when hit off the goalie... that's why i have like 2 assists already when i was with the rangers.. my team couldn't get an assist to save their lives.. i think the canadian teams are way better than the american teams.. ah well.. no worries..

i like playing defense.. actually the hits are so cool so if anyone wants to be LW on our team i don't mind defense and i just want to learn goalie before we start sharing time boyet ahahha
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:24 pm

dis isht is cool!!!! M replying from my iPhone!!!
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:22 am

oh btw am in the team already.. couldn't figure it out for like 10 minutes.. and then finally i was like oh ok...
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum