NOMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One point of view

4 posters

Go down

One point of view Empty One point of view

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:28 am

came across this article... interesting...

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080817-microsoft.html
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

https://noma.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

One point of view Empty Re: One point of view

Post  Xopenex Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:03 pm

the article brings up some valid points. one thing that i took from it: xbox is copying the Nintendo Wii (avatars), and Sony is copying the 360 (achievements, in game XMB, etc...). Nintendo??....hell, they dont need to copy anyone. they are doing their own thing.

the thing is......right now, more of my friends are still on the 360 as opposed to the PS3. so this fact alone will prevent me from completely converting. and yes, although i do spend most of my time with my psp as opposed to my consoles.........atleast i am futureproofing myself. in other words, when my playing tastes change in the future, and i revert back to the consoles.........there will always be my friends on XBL playing. no offense to the PS3'ers......cus they are sure as hell are fun to play with too. but when you compare like 15 or more peeps on my XBL friends list (most of whom i personally know), to the PSN (where i only have Marc and Kevin on my friends list).....it just makes it very hard to convert. in short, nowadays.....the PS3 and 360 are looking more and more the same offering the same functions/features........but more of my friends are on the 360 as opposed to the PS3, so this fact alone will keep me playing on the 360 for now.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:31 pm

i hear ya xop. that same line of thought was in my head when i was trying to decide whether to trade the white POS for the ultimate gaming machine. mind you that thought was in my head for about 2 seconds until the rational side of me said, "you really wanna be stuck with the white POS?". ha ha ha...

truthfully though, since everyone's really been on their own schedules lately, there's really no big gaming nights anymore like we had back in the day. everyone's either too busy, don't have the games, or just not interested in playing anymore. you may have 15 close friends on XBL, but how many of them do you play with all the time?

anyways, i gotta find out how to swap out my harddrive on the PS3 so that i can increase my file capacity. i'm down to 12 gigs or so of free hard drive space. hmmm... must look for a new harddrive...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:01 pm

very good point Buks. at any given time, there will be like 2 peeps online. on a lucky day, there will be 3 peeps online....all at the same time. Los doesnt really play anymore......daddy duties i guess?!? Joe, well....he has both consoles but isnt really much of a gamer to begin with. Boyet?......i think Boyet was kinda forced into not playing as much as he used to......for one - daddy duties. secondly, peeps' time on XBL have been dropping tremendously, and by default....boyet was kinda forced to fall off too. (but i really think its the daddy duties). me?....biggest reason - daddy duties. second biggest reason - enjoyment of the psp. (atleast i can bring the psp with me in any room that Ryan goes to). Butch still logs in XBL time when he is actually home to play, but he got a new job now that requires tons of travel. Sepulcher?....he prolly plays the most out of all of us, but he is expecting a baby next month. umm, yeah......my bets are that he'll disappear from XBL as well. and the PSN for Sepulcher???.....that'll pretty much be non-existent as well. ahhh, the joys of fatherhood!!!! anyway, that in a nutshell are my theories of why peeps have been falling off of XBL.

dude, what do you have the 40gb hard drive PS3?? i hear its not hard at all to swap hard drives on the PS3. you just have to get that ATA hard drive thing-a-ma-jig. and make sure its the same size as your old hard drive.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:05 pm

yea... i have a 40 gigger...

i posted the how-to on another post here. and even gave a suggestion as to what hard drive to get. he he he... now just gotta get the moolah for it.

yea, those seem like all valid reasons for people dropping off. it's all good. changes in lifestyles have come and people have to play by the rules. i think the next biggest game that will get us all together again is star craft 2. but that's a pc game (wonder if they're making a console version of it).

in any case, enjoy your psp (dunno what you're waiting for to completely switch over to the darkside. you already have all the tools for it. ha ha ha)...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ecneret Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:13 pm

FreshBukoJuice wrote:yea... i have a 40 gigger...

i posted the how-to on another post here. and even gave a suggestion as to what hard drive to get. he he he... now just gotta get the moolah for it.

yea, those seem like all valid reasons for people dropping off. it's all good. changes in lifestyles have come and people have to play by the rules. i think the next biggest game that will get us all together again is star craft 2. but that's a pc game (wonder if they're making a console version of it).

in any case, enjoy your psp (dunno what you're waiting for to completely switch over to the darkside. you already have all the tools for it. ha ha ha)...

yeah man SC 2 is the reason I am holding off on buying/building a new PC hehehe.. just polishing off my achievements on tigerwoods 08 before 09 drops... i may pick up 06 and 07 at like $10 so i can wh0re up some achiement point so i can at least look respectable next to ender and xop...hahaha
ecneret
ecneret

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:17 pm

speaking of darksides... SW:Force Unleashed looks ridiculous... might be a buy for me...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:46 pm

nice TT, at one point (not too long ago) i was in first place regarding achievement points. it took a while to overtake Sepulcher, the former leader on achievements. i havent checked in a while though. but being that i havent played religiously on the xbox since last Spring, i wouldnt doubt it one bit if someone else took over the top spot.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:21 pm

swapping it out is easy.... now it's the backing up the games and reinstalling back to ur new hd the hard part i am myself shopping for bigger HD.. 500 gb should be enough.. hahaha
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum