NOMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MGS4!!!!!!!

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MGS4!!!!!!! Empty MGS4!!!!!!!

Post  Xopenex Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:32 pm

damn man, i checked out some MGS4 gameplay on youtube. i thought this mortar action was pretty cool! none of the current FPS used mortars (to my knowledge). i might just have to pick this one up sooner than i originally intended. the online component doesnt seem to be anything new......but the campaign mode looks pretty good. check out this link..........................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M48-udPD0qs
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

MGS4!!!!!!! Empty Re: MGS4!!!!!!!

Post  FreshBukoJuice Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:10 am

ha ha ha... you're funny xop... B:BC has something like this. it's not a tiny mortar like this. the one in B:BC is 20 times bigger and drops an ishtload of clusterbombs on the target. this one looks like just a single mortar shell... he he he...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

https://noma.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:06 pm

damn Buk's, i didnt know BBC has mortars too! ahh, i dont even know what i wanna get anymore. it'll have to be one or the other........doubt i'll get both. whats it gonna be for you?? BBC, MGS4, both, or neither?????????
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:14 pm

not sure... i think MGS4 just looks to be more of a polished game than B:BC and B:BC's gameplay is a little too "open" for me. too much running around in the open getting picked off by snipers from a mile away...

i think i'll be sticking to R6V2 for now and maybe popping in COD4 once in a while. not sure if i'll be getting any more FPS's for a while. looking into sports games. TS3, BO 2008 or a soccer game. really looking forward to FFXIII but that's not set to be released until christmas.
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:42 pm

you can turn the 3rd person to FPS midgame it's pretty phatyy and one of my coworkers has it and he said it was amazing to look.. he says it's like looking at true 1080p when playing the game it's that good...graphically.. gameplay wise.. he didn't play enough to say.. but the game does have a shooting range that you use your guns to shoot in..
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

MGS4!!!!!!! Empty Worth the price!!!

Post  FreshBukoJuice Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:52 am

MGS4 is definitely, DEFINITELY the game of the year.

as much as i enjoyed GOW's story mode, MGS4's story puts that to shame. very cyberpunk/military stuff. and last night, i got to the stage where you actually see what you're going to be up against. let's just say it's friggin' DOPE!!!!

played a little more of the multi. there are some fun game modes in there. still getting used to the controls and the actual gameplay. kinda hard to tell if you're killing people and the actual objective of the mission. it's not very nice in telling you if you killed a person or not. but, i hope my learning curve eventually ramps up and i can get used to it soon.

all in all, the story mode by itself makes this game a must buy.
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:56 am

FreshBukoJuice wrote:MGS4 is definitely, DEFINITELY the game of the year.

as much as i enjoyed GOW's story mode, MGS4's story puts that to shame. very cyberpunk/military stuff. and last night, i got to the stage where you actually see what you're going to be up against. let's just say it's friggin' DOPE!!!!

played a little more of the multi. there are some fun game modes in there. still getting used to the controls and the actual gameplay. kinda hard to tell if you're killing people and the actual objective of the mission. it's not very nice in telling you if you killed a person or not. but, i hope my learning curve eventually ramps up and i can get used to it soon.

all in all, the story mode by itself makes this game a must buy.

Not to mention the full glory of Blu-ray 1080 resolution... DAMN this game is good!!! too bad i only have 720 on my screen... but it's definitely noticeable the amount of detail they packed into this game. now we see the true power of the PS3.
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:54 am

dude, right now i cant decide between getting MGS4 for the PS3 or Guitar Hero "On Tour" for the DS. no doubt the single player kicks ass on MGS4, but once i am done with the campaign........does MGS4's multiplayer offer anything new???? i dont know man, i'm really against the fence on this one. MGS4 or GH On Tour?????? any word on some of the other peeps getting MGS4?????????? that could be a deciding factor.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:56 am

i haven't explored the multi too much. but there are claymore mines in there... he he he....
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:20 pm

i did play a match last night where one member of your team becomes Snake and you support him. the other team hunts you down. kinda like team leader in R6V. the catch, Snake is wearing octocamo where he basically blends into whatever surrounding thing he has. it's crazy!!!! i got killed (i was on the hunting team) so many times by the guy playing Snake coz i didn't know he was standing next to me. so he'd just knife me dead. ha ha ha...

sniping is pretty fun in the game as well. aiming control is in between COD4 and R6V. it's not as bouncy as COD4, but it's not as steady as R6V. good mix so far. the red dot scope is pretty wackjuice though. haven't tried any of the other ones.

also, still trying to find out how you can equip your scopes in a multi match and not just the story mode... he he he...

it's up to you russ... whether you'd rather have GH or MGS. all i'm saying is MGS is a definite PLAY on my list. so whether you buy it or rent it, you gotta play it. just to see what kind of silly isht the PS3 can do...

i can't wait for the big Sony exclusive titles to come out. namely, GT5 and FFXIII... those will probably crank the processing power of the PS3 to it's limit...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:23 pm

oh... and the cut scenes aren't too too bad... it actually adds to the whole gaming experience.... and there's some funny PG13 isht on that too... he he he... it's pretty funny...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:12 pm

you brought up a very good point Buks, i could rent MGS4 first and see how i like it. if i like it, i could go ahead and purchase it. in truth, i'm sure i'll end up getting it.....i'm just not sure when i'll get it. but thanks for the info. did you and pritong meet up for some multiplayer on MGS4 yet???/
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:44 pm

nah... MoNK (as he is now called in konami world) doesn't play with me. dunno why, i think he just doesn't like playing with his bro.

yea, we definitely need to meet up in MGS world since i think that game is gonna be pretty big.

also another game y'all might be interested in, Fallout 3. from the makers of Oblivion. it's an FPS/RPG. basically, the same feel of oblivion but set in a post-apocalyptic world where you level up your guy based on what you want him to be. and along with that, you upgrade your weapons, in this case, it's a gun instead of a sword. might be something worth exploring. it's an MMO with multiple endings... that got me intrigued...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:14 am

Hey Monk, did you reserve GH "on tour" yet?? thats coming out this Wednesday! was thinking of reserving it at some point this weekend. $50 yo!! looks like i'll have to put off the MGS4 purchase for a little while longer. i've gotta admit though, i thought about that one long and hard.....(MGS4 vs. GH on tour).
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:18 am

by the way Buk's......you listed in a previous post which PS3 games you were looking forward to. for me, its MGS4, SOCOM "Confrontation", and Resistance 2. those are the games that i am most looking forward to in 2008.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:57 am

nice xop... i was looking into getting TS3 but with your review, maybe not... ha ha ha...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:24 am

who knows Buk's....you might like TS3. but for hardcore Top Spin 1 enthusiasts like Boyet and I, its a complete waste of time and money!!! by the way, have fun on your trip. your'e leaving in what?? 3 days?? so you're leaving on a late flight on Sunday evening?? i've never flown Cathay Pacific......where are your stopovers????? dude, i wish i was leaving already but gots another month to go!!
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:43 am

leaving on wednesday... not sure where the stopovers are, i didn't buy the tickets. one definite stopover i think is hong kong. not sure if there's another one. could be a straight flight to hong kong...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:48 am

FreshBukoJuice wrote:leaving on wednesday... not sure where the stopovers are, i didn't buy the tickets. one definite stopover i think is hong kong. not sure if there's another one. could be a straight flight to hong kong...

i just checked it out online. itinerary says we're flying from JFK straight to Honk Kong (15 hour flight). then from HK straight to MNL (1.5 hour flight). woo hoo!!! i am definitely excited.

t - we're staying at this resort in boracay, http://www.fairwaysbluewater.com/. looks like i can play golf. wonder if they have rental clubs. he he he...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:50 am

oh yeah, my mistake.....the 25th is Wed. i wouldnt be surprised if you saw alot of Olympics Beijing paraphanalia on your stopover in Hong Kong!
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:52 am

nice... looking forward to sunday the 29th there. manny pacquiao's got a fight on the 28th in vegas so the simulcast will be sunday morning the 29th in the PI. gonna be an exciting fight especially since we'll be in the motherland. it's gonna be a country wide party!!!! woo hoo!!! gotta make sure to bring my manny pac shirt... he he he...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:57 am

sweet!! that 15 hour leg will be a serious drag though!! just load up on the Benadryl or Ambien! i dont know about Cathay, but when i fly EVA our layover in Taipei is only like an hour or so.........which pretty much sucks!!! so, i am just getting off of a 14-15 hour plane ride, only to head directly to my connection flt, and sit down on another plane for another 1.5 hour flt!!! i'd rather have a bit of a longer layover so atleast i can recoup from the previous long ass 15 hours of sitting. i'm gonna check out that site on that resort you sent.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:59 am

Nice dude!! better take alot of pics of the "Pinoy Pride" on fight day!!!
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:59 am

eh... it's all good... my take is, the quicker i get to manila, the better... the ends justify the means for me... he he he...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:17 am

i haven't played multi since i haven't been on in abit...but i'll start playing multi soon.. just having probs with my computer at the moment.. where my external hard drive with all my important stuff is now not again being recognize by my comp... so i might have to start redoing a project over which will suck since am almost done with it. hopefully today my comp will be nice and actually see my HD correctly and not ask me everytime to reformat it... that's why i haven't been on.. but i did do some more of the story.. i am in ACT2 now.. and it's crazy am in the jungle..

Russ - i already reserved my GH on tour.. will prolly be getting it either tuesday or wednesday since the ship date is on sunday.. but it's reserved already woohoo..and MGS4 is worth it i think russ just for the story.. even if u don't know the story.. it's pretty good and u get the jist of things
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next