NOMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

your thoughts??????

2 posters

Go down

your thoughts?????? Empty your thoughts??????

Post  Xopenex Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:22 pm

read this article, and although its not a very exciting one i figured i'd get your thoughts nontheless.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/360-will-beat-ps3-this-holiday-analyst

i dont necessarily agree with the dude's assessment..........."the smallest software library, weaker line-up of exclusive titles (compared to Xbox 360’s Gears of War 2 and Fable 2), and a less popular online network."

here's my take: sure the 360 price cut will help sales of the console this holiday season, but the PS3 is coming out with some good exclusive games of its own: SOCOM, and Resistance 2, to name a few. Sony's software library is building up at a good pace, and Sony is improving its online network with every firmware update. if i'm not mistaken, Sony already has the "in-game XMB", it already has achievements (aka trophies), and soon they will also offer chat/messaging etc... so really, it wont be that far off from the 360's online offerings. but in the end, its not even about "exclusives" anymore........in either console there are prolly only like 3-4 blockbuster exclusive titles at MAX!! the vast majority of games are offered on both consoles, so a gamer can really just get by on one console and not feel like he is missing out. in all honesty, i really dont use/play my 360 very often at all anymore, and the times that i actually do jump on and check to see who is online......more often than not it reads: "0 out of 20 friends online". on a good day it'll say 1 or 2 friends online but those seem to be few and far between. (in my opinion though, i think its because of the fact that most of us are daddies now). for example, thats definitely the reason for myself and Los....and i'm sure thats the same reason for Boyet too. as i said before, Sepulcher plays the xbox the most out of the 360 peeps but he is gonna have a baby this month too, and if he maintains his current playing habits....i'd be astonished! but i digress,......i tend to use my PS3 more nowadays for watching videos that i stored on it with my PSP camera, surfing the web via my PSP, or playing demos. dont get me wrong.....i'm not completely pro-PS3/anti-360 but just letting you know the real deal with the state of matters on the 360.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

your thoughts?????? Empty Re: your thoughts??????

Post  Xopenex Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:32 pm

by the way, i forgot to mention....i completely agree with the Nintendo analysis portion. the Wii, and DS are in a league of their own. they can do whatever the hell they want and not worry about their competitors.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:58 am

hey xop... my thoughts...

the console wars aren't really as they used to be. it's just really a matter of preference at this point. i still think the PS3 is the better hardware but some people are die hard 360 fans because they were the originators of much of the stuff that Sony is trying to catch up to. but that was going to be the case in the first place. Microsoft already had the software background to create a kick-ass network. not to mention the fact that they have a great marketing strategy to push their products forward. not to forget that developers complain about how hard it is to develop games on the PS3 platform.

what sony has going for them is the fact that the PS3 is a blu-ray player not to mention can connect to the PSP. that's a major selling point as well. HOME has been delayed so much that it better live up to the hype so that users can start to believe in Sony again.

i don't agree with the article in saying that the PS3 will have limited games this holiday season as well. i'm already looking forward to GT5, FFXIII, SOCOM, Killzone2, Naruto:Ultimate Storm.

yea, i hear ya about the daddy stuff. but then again, there's always ways around it. just have to have an understanding wife. ha ha ha... either that or you boyz need to learn how to make deals. ha ha ha... c'mon, los used to play with us while babysitting... sheesh... don't tell you guys can't do that as well. it's not like the kids stay up past 9:00, right? just damn excuses i say...

it's a good thing that maris has been hooked on her DS the last couple of days. while she's on the DS, i'm on the PS3. ha ha ha... a couple that games together, stays together. ha ha ha...

on a side note, i was checking out the friends list on the PS3 last night regarding the R6V2 rankings. out of 139,000 players on R6V2 on the PS3, yours truly rankd 2465. ha ha ha... ender was there at 134,000+. monk was there at 82,000+ (i think). it was just kinda cool... hee hee... (monk, i switched to the AKS-74U... that gun is dope!!!)...

happy friday y'all!!!
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

https://noma.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down