NOMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacman vs. Golden Boy

3 posters

Go down

Pacman vs. Golden Boy Empty Pacman vs. Golden Boy

Post  FreshBukoJuice Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:15 pm

i'm sure you've all heard that the next pacquiao fight will be held on dec. 6th vs. oscar de la hoya.

not sure how y'all feel about this, but the mexican destroyer will be trying to put another mexican on his list of destroyed opponents. however, i don't think manny will win this one. here's my analysis:

1. height advantage - de la hoya is 5'10" while manny is 5'5". that's a huge advantage for the golden boy.
2. weight advantage - although the fight will be at the catch weight of 147, i doubt manny's gonna be even close to that weight. manny started out at 112. he jumped 5 classes and is currently at 135. that's another 12 pounds!! granted, it's easier to gain weight than it is to lose weight, but still, at 135, he'll destroy people. oscar on the other hand, was always a natural at 140 - 155. so 147 is easy for him. i think by fight night, manny will be around 147 but oscar will be around 155 - 160. that's a huge difference in terms of power.

those are my 2 main reasons why i think manny has a 50/50 shot at beating oscar. manny's fast, but so WAS oscar. i say WAS because he's pushing 38 now while manny's at 29. so, maybe manny will be quicker, but that power discrepancy just seems too big.

oh well... not like i can watch the fight anyways, dammit...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

https://noma.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pacman vs. Golden Boy Empty Re: Pacman vs. Golden Boy

Post  Xopenex Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:43 pm

Buks, why wont you be able to catch the fight?? by the way, i didnt know that Pacq's was gonna fight Hoya until you posted it. but yeah, i totally agree........i think the Pacman bit off more than he can chew with this one. that's a huge jump in weight class, and with that comes a huge jump in power. i just hope the Pacman can handle it.....although i dont think he will. i hope he seriously thought about coming back home not as the hero (as he is used to)......but as the loser. that pinoy boxing sensation bubble that he built is about to burst. i hate to say that, but i really think he is gonna lose this one. thats just my 2 cents......mind you, i'm pretty much a boxing laymen.........(the UFC is more my style).
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:05 pm

yea, i don't think he's winning the fight... but either way, he's making out huge. if he wins, he's gonna be a megastar. if he loses, it was expected. either way, there's really no horrible news. and besides, he's getting like 8 mil for the fight not including the PPV proceeds that they're splitting. he he he...

it's de la hoya that's really gonna tarnish his image. if he wins, he was expected to. no big deal. it's going to be a lackluster retirement. how you gonna fight someone 20 lbs smaller than you and still think it was a quality fight? to me, de la hoya picked the easy way out instead of fighting someone in his weight class. if he loses, then it's pacman's world!!! ha ha ha...

yea, won't be able to since we'll be away that weekend. trying to hustle a way to get to see the fight. ha ha ha...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pacman vs. Golden Boy Empty LAke Placid trip weekend of Pacman fight

Post  ecneret Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:46 am

Hey Ratty,

Yeah we will be in Lake Placid for the PC xmas party... I was wondering if you and Kim got the emails about those details and if you guys were going to be able to make it.

thanks,
--t
ecneret
ecneret

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:05 am

yeah TT, Kim got the e mail regarding the details when we were in the motherland. sorry for not replying then, but unfortunately i think you can just count us out for the PC Xmas party. with our work schedules plus either me or kim watching Ry Ry on our days off.......its tough to get even a long weekend off from work. So have fun.....i'd still like to participate in the Kringle though. just do me a favor and keep us posted regarding the Kringle details. again, sorry for the late RSVP.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  ecneret Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:20 am

Xopenex wrote:yeah TT, Kim got the e mail regarding the details when we were in the motherland. sorry for not replying then, but unfortunately i think you can just count us out for the PC Xmas party. with our work schedules plus either me or kim watching Ry Ry on our days off.......its tough to get even a long weekend off from work. So have fun.....i'd still like to participate in the Kringle though. just do me a favor and keep us posted regarding the Kringle details. again, sorry for the late RSVP.

no worries ratty will keep you in the loop for the kringle... and I will get the xbox points again this year too.. .HAHAHA

btw-- you know if your brother will participate at all. We sent him the same email but have not heard from him.. thx
ecneret
ecneret

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:15 pm

hehehehehe!!! damn you TT!! you took those points from me....hehehehe!!! funny thing was, i was the one who bought those MS points, in hopes of getting it back.........everything was working fine, until you came along!!!! in the end, i guess its payback from that year that you got stuck with 2 huge bags of potato chips/Doritos from yours truly!!! hehehehe. i'll tell Ron to let you know what his dilly is.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:57 am

anyone got an update on whether we can stream the fight via PC? if not, i'm seriously thinking of skipping the festivities that weekend. it's the DREAM match. ha ha ha...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum