NOMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HD DVD is doomed!!!

3 posters

Go down

HD DVD is doomed!!! Empty HD DVD is doomed!!!

Post  Xopenex Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:57 am

i'm sure you guys already heard by now, but the last juggernaut that was supporting HD DVD (Paramount) jumped ship!! they are now supporting Blu ray! that news pretty much seals the coffin for HD DVD. it was inevitable, i was certain from the get-go that Blu ray would eventually win out.....i just didnt think it would be this quick. i also heard news that Microsoft will also support Blu ray in the future. can you believe that shit??..... down the road, they will pretend like the HD DVD player never happened!! i dont know exactly how Microsoft intends to "support" Blu ray, but thats what i read. needless to say, i asked my local gamestop how much i can get for my 360 HD DVD player (i wanna unload it while it still has value). anyway, the guy told me $40!! i thought to myself.....fucking A!! people must be trading this shit in left and right!! in the end, i kept the HD DVD player rather than allow myself to get raped by those fuckers at gamestop!!
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

HD DVD is doomed!!! Empty Re: HD DVD is doomed!!!

Post  FreshBukoJuice Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:03 pm

well, at least that's one good thing sony did. guess they learned from the betamax mishap.

i have seen some blu-ray pron already. usually the technology that the pron industry goes with is the one that wins. he he he...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

https://noma.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:52 pm

umm......i remember couple years back, TT boy told me that the pron industry went with HD DVD?!?!?!?!?!? so was it HD DVD or Blu ray?? i guess it really doesnt matter now. i'm just waiting for Star Wars and Lord of the Rings to come out on Blu ray!!!!!
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:11 am

maybe it was true back then (when blu-ray wasn't as prevalent as it is now)... but the catalogs are advertising blu-ray pron as opposed to hd-dvd pron nowadays... not that i have any catalogs... ha ha ha...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

https://noma.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HD DVD is doomed!!! Empty HDDVD doomed= cheap HD DVD movies

Post  ecneret Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:14 am

oh well.. i guess I am glad i hedged my bets and got both platforms... i will be trolling around for bargain bins for cheap hddvds now if this does truly put the nail in the coffin.. hehe
ecneret
ecneret

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:59 am

nice tt boy......its not even really worth trading the 360 HD DVD player, cuz it ain't worth much. i am toying with the idea of selling my HD DVD player plus all my HD DVD's (prolly have like 10-12 in all) on Ebay.......but might just hold on to it for a little while longer.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:03 am

you brought up a good point though TT.......those HD DVD's should plummet in price. maybe in another couple months i can find the Matrix collection for like $15-20 as opposed to its going price right now of $80!!! i just wanna wish a fond farewell to the HD DVD era.......its been a fun (but quick) ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum