NOMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GTAIV

4 posters

Go down

GTAIV Empty GTAIV

Post  Pritong_Manok Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:23 am

DAMN... this is going to be a good game just saw the last trailer.. i have too many games to play freak.. i didn't even finish r6v2 yet.. damn!!!!!
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

GTAIV Empty Re: GTAIV

Post  Xopenex Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:55 am

i'm looking to get GTA4 as well Pillius!! looks nicey nicey!!! but first things first....i wanna get a "felicia blue" psp imported from Japan before i get anything else.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  ecneret Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:28 pm

Xopenex wrote:i'm looking to get GTA4 as well Pillius!! looks nicey nicey!!! but first things first....i wanna get a "felicia blue" psp imported from Japan before i get anything else.

What is that russ? new PSP or a game? hehe
ecneret
ecneret

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:02 pm

nah.....it's just a different color PSP slim, TTboy. it looks sweet....you can google it to see what it looks like.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:02 pm

Ok so for all those who don't know.. GTA4 has an online play... which you make your own characters online... there different games in the online play... i don't know how many(i have heard from many as 16 to 5) but supposedly it is going to be fun but here's the games i know so far on the online multi player:

Team Deathmatch:

I don't know how may people can actually play but the reviewers on EGM said that they played a 8 people match which meant 4 vs. 4 in somewhere called striker's island or something like that but it is Ellis island since this is based in NYC.. so you can basically team up with your teammate or go at it alone.. they do have certain areas where most people go a la vegas.. but the difference is this.. you have to worry about a 3rd party which means the cops.. because if they hear you shooting.. they will come and arrest or try too anyway.. along with that you guys can get in a car and do drive bys .. which i think is kewl cuz you can actually use everything in your environment...in the storymode it's become more realistic in that people actually lock their car doors so u just can't get in the cars you actually have to break glass to steal the car...

GTA race

an anything go race.. you start with whaever car they give you and this the whole NYC u are racing in.. no catch everything is encourage.. block people set up barricades.. anything the whole point is to get to the finish line first...this can be played up too 16 players...so you can take a boat.. a motorcycle or even run the last 100 yards just as long as you finish the race haha.. that will be fun... also i think physics is enabled for the game.. in a sense if you decide to cut a corner and hit a hydrant.. you will take a spill...

Cop and Crooks...

basically cops and robbers or in vegas style team leader or that hostage game we played in vegas 1.. bascially the crooks need to get their boss and make a getaway.. no one knows who the boss til the game starts is since it's random.. the crooks know where their goal is.. but cops don't...but if the cops catch or kill the boss... its game over for the crooks...

Co-Op

they have co-op with i think 5 different missions.. basically just trying to get a guy from one area to the next.. that's one of the missions..anyway.. soo... that's it for the multiplayer.. it looks like fun fellas...

also another part of GTA4 that did like was that if you are bad guy you can call the cops on yourself.. and when they pick you up.. you can kick their butts and then run away with the squad car and then GPS your target it's crazy..

OH and for the ps3 owners they are working on an XMB in game now for the ps3 as we speak and actually i think puttin in achievements ala XBL on the ps3... we shall see though..
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:09 pm

yup, you're right Pillius.......all the latest gaming mags go into detail regarding GTA4 online play. all of them sound nice. cops and crooks sounds freggin sweet! there is also some type of free for all multiplayer mode...where you just create mayhem cooperatively and deal with the cops as they react to your shenanigans!!! sounds interesting!!
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:07 pm

ah but russ for what system might you get it for.. ps3 or xbox now that is the question.
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:37 pm

that is a good question Pillius......its actually tough, because i think i would be practically the only one of the xbox'ers to get it if i were to get it for the 360. hence, there would be nobody to play with but strangers......but then again, i am an achievement whore so it would be nice to work on the achievements on GTA4 on the 360.

On the other hand, i'm sure both you brothers would get if for the PS3....so, if i were to get it for the PS3 as well, i'd have you guys to play with. come to think of it, if i did get it for the PS3......this would be the first game that i would play with you guys on the PS3 ever since the "Sandiego defection". damn, thats like 9 months in the making!!!! i guess it will be a last minute decision.....cuz i have to admit, it will be tough to decide. maybe i'll just wait for you guys to get it first and try to gauge how long you guys would play it.......if you guys seem like you'll play it for a considerable period, then i'll get it for the PS3.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:12 am

nice russ... although i was never a GTA fan, i will be getting it just for the multiplayer alone. if it's true that you can make your own character, that would definitely add to the sweetness factor.

he he he... yea, defection aside, it's been kinda boring with R6V2. was running around last night on the villa map. that's the perfect map for a shotguns only match. trainyard is good as well if you want a different variation of the streets map. plays like the streets without it being the streets. he he he...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

https://noma.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:52 pm

just saw a video of your guy in GTA4 driving while intoxicated... it's hilarious.. you wobble and you can't control him properly ha ha.. and then driving is hilarious... and your vision gets blurry as you get drunker and drunker it's hilarious and he walks drunk too stumbles everywhere.. this is going to be a fun game...
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:28 am

how is it?
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:54 am

FreshBukoJuice wrote:how is it?

aight... i will have to say for the 2 hours i played.. pretty disappointed... first and foremost.. for ps3 users... it does not run to 1080p as the box might say.. it only runs at 720p.. and it's not even 720..it's only 640.. same with the 360ers... and last night the multiplayer was down so i can't even say how the multi is...

i was able to do everything i used to do in san andreas.. but for some odd reason.. there was nothing different.. i got to bone my gf already but couldn't find a prostitute for the life of me...where in san andreas.. i was able to find streetwalkers as soon as it turns dark and they were out even as early at 6 am .. i was like in this one i couldn't find a single one.. you can pick fights which was all good and stealing the car is still the same but just added a little twist to it...i know i know it is just the beginning of the game but the hoopla surrounding this game was so big that when i got it and started playing(after the 10 minute download) i was like .. this is just like san andreas.. even the graphics was just better than san andreas.. it's not smooth at all..

and you gotta get used to driving in it again.. cuz m so used to vegas that i use the right stick to aim and left stick to move... i keep forgetting not to hit the left stick forward or backward since it will change the camera angle.. it's just weird gameplay that you need to get used too...

All in all i think i was taken by a game that should have had a lot more to it with all the hoopla surrounding it.. i might actually get saints row..in that one you can actually rob everybody like people in a retail store.... in gta you can only rob the people on the street excluding vendors..

i might have to give this one an 7.5 out of 10 for now.. since i haven't been playing it long enough.. but it is addicting...

to all those thinking of buying this... RENT IT FIRST.. i can't stress that enough...just to see if you like the gameplay especially the first time players...cuz even me and some guys who were into GTA.. were not impressed at all with it.. even the fighting is slow..it's really slow to the point that everything is staggered......it's just better to use the guns at this point
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:22 am

well... that settles it... back to R6V2 for me... ha ha ha...!!!
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Thu May 01, 2008 9:21 am

yeh Pillius.......i heard alot of mixed reviews about GTA4. one place i read....they were saying that the graphics are running on 630p or some crap like that! did you try the multiplayer yet??? i'll heed your advice and just rent it first.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Thu May 01, 2008 1:09 pm

yeh the multi is where people are liking it.. it's growing on me.. russ but rent it first.. if you can get past the first hour or so.. you might do fine.. but if you can't stand annoying banter you might not like it ha ha.. cuz i was ready to turn it off cuz i just want the guy to shut up..

i haven't gotten the chance to play multi yet russ but from my co workers and friends they all say multi is the best part of the game.. especially cops and crooks..

as for me the games growing on me.. i think it's a great game but it's not a 10.. i might raise my grade up to a 8.5 teetering to 9..
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Fri May 02, 2008 7:43 am

should i get it? a lotta people on my players list are playing it...

i should be on tonight. i'm gonna try hosting a match on R6V2 tonight. test out the FiOS. he he he...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon May 05, 2008 2:34 pm

worth getting it now? did they work out all the bugs?
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Mon May 05, 2008 2:42 pm

kuya said you don't like repetitiveness right? this is all repetitive.. but it's like sims but there's more involved in it that you do missions it's up too you .. rent it or i'll try to bring it by one of these days so you can try it.
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice Mon May 05, 2008 3:06 pm

yea... bring it over one of these days for me to try it... i just wanna see...
FreshBukoJuice
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Wed May 07, 2008 1:32 pm

wow so quiet today.. everybody busy i guess
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Mon May 12, 2008 9:41 am

well boys.........i got GTA4 for the ...........360!! yeh i know, i was really up in the air about whether to get it for the 360 or the ps3. but i just figured if i was gonna play through the whole damn 30-100 hour game (from what i hear) then i may as well get some "achievement" points out of it. i know thats a corny-ass reason, but that's my reason for getting it for the 360. plus, there are 4 peeps on my friends list who have it as well....although, i think i can realistically see playing it with only 1 of the 4. i'll let you know what i think when i delve into it. by the way, sorry i havent posted all last week. i was in Florida on a short vacation.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex Wed May 14, 2008 10:35 pm

GTA4 is aite. not too bad, not too great. the graphics have alot to be desired. i seriously dont think its in high def. multiplayer is okay, but it can get frustrating....cus (atleast with the modes that i play....."turf war", "team deathmatch") you have to drive around looking for your enemies which can take a while, plus its hard to shoot someone while you drive at the same time. i'll prolly just stick to the story mode, unlock whatever achievements i'll unlock, then trade it in for Battlefield "Bad Company"........ so that gives me another month and a half. i prolly rate it a 6.5-7 out of 10. the story mode can get really tedious though......pick this guy up, go meet with this person and that person, go on a date, etc.. etc.. etc.. hopefully it gets better as i progress.
Xopenex
Xopenex

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok Thu May 15, 2008 12:29 pm

russell.. i feel your pain i don't know how far you are in the game i think am like 40% but i didn't start getting addicted to the game until prolly i passed the 20% mark.. i think your guy gets stronger as you progress in the game.. i've also gotten to choose which one i should kill and the story differentiates.. an example was this guy wanted his friend dead.. so he was going to give you money to kill him.. but then the friend he wants killed calls you and says he thinks he's being targeted.. and your character is torn between who to kill.. so you have a choice... and i personally decided to kill the guy who hired me.. and a friend of mine decided to kill the friend.. when he killed the friend the guy gave you the money and decide not to talk to you anymore cuz u are too cold hearted..when i killed the guy who hired me.. i got to keep his house as a safehouse so in turn i have 4 safehouses.. it's kinda kewl but it is too repetitive.. i haven't tried the multi but it doesn't really interest me..

i would rate this game actually an 8.5 solid.. gameplay is alright but there's just something missing..and driving in this is horrible.. i can't even shoot at a car without crashing.. for some odd reason i shot better in car in san andreas than in liberty city.
Pritong_Manok
Pritong_Manok

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum