Philippine Beach Wedding

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Philippine Beach Wedding

Post  FreshBukoJuice on Tue May 20, 2008 7:52 am

nice!!! not sure xop... never had tanduay. i only drink san mig when i'm out there. he he he...

yea, only one month or so left before we go out there... still gotta buy the pasalubongs. he he he... working out the logistics for the boracay part of our trip. hee hee... trying to see if we could stick a bohol outing while we're out there as well. check out the chocolate hills again.
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

View user profile http://noma.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex on Tue May 20, 2008 8:12 am

Nice buk's!! you gonna bring home one of those big-ass balikbayan boxes??? just dont forget the weight limit if you stuff your luggages with pasalubong's. i think its like 75lbs.....the last i remember. atleast you dont have to fly domestic once in the PI. i always end up paying a weight "penalty" for my luggages, because although the international flt is a 75lb limit, the domestic leg of it (once in the PI) is always less than that.....and i usually fly right through to either Bohol or Cebu. those peeps at the airport really know how to nickel and dime non-local travelers. lemme know how Boracay is.
Xopenex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice on Tue May 20, 2008 8:20 am

he he he... no balikbayan boxes. we usually use huge luggages. he he he... weight limit is 70 lbs.

aren't there flights that fly directly into cebu? i could've sworn there was. yea, domestic limits are usually 50 lbs. it's the same here. if you ever fly domestically within the US, the weight limits and number of luggages you're allowed to bring are different compared to international flights. so it's not just the PI. the thing where they get you in the PI is the "airport fee" that you have to pay. i was like, "WHAT?" it's usually not more than $5. but still...

he he he...
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex on Tue May 20, 2008 9:53 am

Buk's, that airport fee has increased man. i dont remember the exact amount, but i definitely remember it being more than $5 (and that was almost a year and a half ago). but just beware also....if you are staying for 3 weeks in the PI, the airport will hit you up with even more charges!! during our wedding trip Kim and I were in the Philippines for a month. we got hit up with an extra $60 per person ($120 US dollars for the both of us) for being US citzens and being in the Philippines longer than 3 weeks. the problem is, the customs peeps didnt take US dollars (only Filipino pesos), so we had to ask my aunt who was with us if she could loan us some of her pesos. i dont know what would've happened if we didnt have any pesos......prolly wouldve missed our flight. needless to say, when i went back to the PI 4 months later.....i made sure i had a wad of pesos on me, just in case the same thing happened again. anyway, just giving you a heads up......cus i dont know how long your stay will be in the PI.

they seriously know the art of "nickel and diming" over there........gotta give it to em!!
Xopenex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice on Tue May 20, 2008 11:53 am

ha ha ha... sorry russ, that whole 3 week limit doesn't apply to me. gotta love dual citizenship!!! ha ha ha...

we'll only be there for about 2 1/2 weeks anyways...
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex on Tue May 20, 2008 12:58 pm

damn dude........you're a dual citizen?? well then you're right.........that rule wouldnt apply to you. so when you travel to the PI you bring both your PI passport and your US passport???? thats crazy dos!!!
Xopenex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice on Tue May 20, 2008 1:09 pm

don't need the PI passport since i haven't gotten it updated in a while. i guess i should get a PI passport... hmmm....
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex on Tue May 20, 2008 1:19 pm

nice!! so who you staying with in Manila?? your grandparents are there right?? you planning to do it tourist stylie and stay in some fancy hotel or resort?? you bringing a videocam......or just straight pictures?? sorry to be so damn inquisitive......but i'm really looking forward to my trip in July,......so i am curious as to your PI activities. hope you dont mind.
Xopenex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice on Tue May 20, 2008 2:10 pm

yea, we staying in metro manila with my uncle.

nope, no video camera so won't be videotaping anything. just pics. still gotta pick up some pasalubongs... he he he...
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok on Wed May 21, 2008 10:23 am

Xopenex wrote:Nice strategy Buks. actually of the 16 hour plane ride....i prolly only play my ds lite/psp for maybe 4 hours. then another couple hours during layovers. so all in all, i prolly dont play it as much as i would expect....cus i also pass out. especially for the first 5 hours or so, i am out. i dont wake up until i smell those stewardesses cooking up some of that "Western" breakfast (as they call it on EVA Airlines). boyet and Pritong know what i am talking about. ahh, all this talk is making me look forward to going back in July!! just too bad i wont be flying EVA this time around.....dammit!!

russ smelling that western breakfast makes me sick now ha ha
Pritong_Manok

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok on Wed May 21, 2008 10:25 am

Xopenex wrote:hey Buk's....what do you got, like another month left?? lucky bastard!!! by the way, Kim's cousins came up from Boston this past weekend and one of her cousins (Melissa) brought up a bottle of Tanduay! her mother went to the Philippines relatively recently and brought some bottles of Tanduay back stateside, so she gave one bottle to me. dude, that stuff melted in my mouth!! it was so damn good! its just too bad that the bottle didnt even last one day cus we killed it that same night. granted the Tanduay is good.....but, i am wondering if its more of a sentimental thing that i am so excited when i drink Tanduay?!?!?!? i mean, the last time i drank that stuff was in the Philippines! who knows, maybe it is more of a sentimental thing rather than a "delicious" thing.

if that tanduay is from the phils then it's the tanduay and sentimentality.. i think russ.. cuz i drink red horse here and it's not the same..it's just not the same.. was it the tanduay clear? cuz that was like gasoline..
Pritong_Manok

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex on Wed May 21, 2008 10:57 am

Pritong.......it was the Tanduay "white" (i think it was called). dude, maybe it was for sentimental reasons. anyway, you're right......the "Western" breakfast is NOT the shiz, but it sure smells good when those stewardess' prepare it. you gotta admit though, you cant go wrong with that Raiman soup that they give you.....kinda spicey, but not bad at all. or howabout the Haagen Daz's ice cream they give you!!!.....nice!
Xopenex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice on Wed May 21, 2008 11:10 am

i never eat that isht on the plane!!! well, i'll eat the ramen... ha ha ha...

too bad we not flying EVA this time. we flying cathay pacific. i heard the flight attendants are pretty hot on that airline. he he he...
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

if youre going to bohol...

Post  ender_bigguns on Wed May 21, 2008 11:16 am

let me know...youre always welcome at my parents house too...i know they always have fun seeing visitors...just let me know!
ender_bigguns

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok on Wed May 21, 2008 2:47 pm

no seriously russ.. just the smell makes me sick nowadays except for the ramen.. i wanted to ask for rice at one point to eat with my ramen ha ha...i can't stand airline food anymore that's why...one whiff makes me sick that's why i always just wait til i get to taiwan or seatlle going back.. nothing like a whopper..in seattle or the food joints in taiwan ha ha..
Pritong_Manok

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice on Wed May 21, 2008 2:49 pm

hear, hear... airline food induces my vomit reaction. not sure why but just the aroma of airline food makes me queasy...

i just try to sleep... or eat the non smelly parts...
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex on Thu May 22, 2008 6:47 am

Buk's..........i wouldnt know about the EVA airline stewardess' being hot, i'm too busy eating their airline food!!! yummy!!!!!!!!! hehehehehehehehehehe!!!!!!!!!
Xopenex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex on Thu May 22, 2008 6:50 am

boyet, i usually manage to visit your folks atleast once when i go back to Bohol. i saw your parents' house and your dad's dog the last time i was there. i'm sure we'll visit again come this August. if there is anything you wanna give me for your folks, then just lemme know.
Xopenex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex on Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:15 am

dude, (Buk's) you're nine days away from your trip to the motherland!!! excited?? sh*t, i think i'm excited more than you (and it aint even my trip!!!!!) here's a question..............where will be the first restaurant that you wanna hit when you get there.........or, if this is easier, what is the first type of food that you really wanna eat that will make you say to yourself........."ahh, now i know i am home!"
Xopenex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice on Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:20 am

he he he... it's all about my grandmother's homecooking. he he he...
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3