Philippine Beach Wedding

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Philippine Beach Wedding

Post  Xopenex on Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:00 pm

Buks.....you are sooo right when you say that you tell yourself "i'm home!" when you smell that Philippine aroma!!! dude, i thought me and Joe were the only one's who smelled it. thats pretty cool that you do too!! ....yah man, right when you step off the plane into the terminal....thats where the aroma hits. you also notice there is always a 3 person little band playing pinoy music wearing barongs to greet the tourists??? i always notice that they are there.

i also agree about the "swagger" thing. everything is just different over there in the PI. you really do carry yourself a bit differently in the PI as opposed to here. dude, you havent been back since 2005?? i thought you go back yearly like your brother does????? Buk's thats a long time ago!! damn, you are really due to go back!! as for myself, i havent been back since Dec. 2006......thats about 16 months ago, and i feel like thats a really long time! i cant imagine you......since 2005!

by the way, you pinpointed those pinoy restaurants to the tee.............chow king, (i couldnt think of the name before you mentioned it)....gotta love their combo platters!!! shakeys pizza....a bit salty, and small servings for my tastes, but just the fact that its pinoy pizza makes it taste that much better!!! Max's Chicken.....what can i say?? everybody loves Max's!!! Jollybee......umm, not too fond of the meat at that place. it tastes too much like filipino eggroll meat. actually, when i ate a burger there i disliked the burger meat so much that i had to spit it out. their chicken aint bad though!!! here's a humorous story.....

when i was home in the PI for my wedding. Kim and i were at the Ayala Mall in Cebu walking around. so we figured we'd get a bite to eat. we looked around and since we've been eating pinoy food for weeks already, we decided that we wanted some good ol' american food...so we decided on good ol' McDonalds!!! so we're at the line getting ready to order, and i look over my left shoulder and see Boyet and Riz waiting in line too. so i say to Boyet......."Nice, you can tell who the americans are!!" (or something to that effect). its just kinda funny cus with all those great places to eat in the PI.....we settle for the good ol' tried-and-true McDonalds. by the way, dont know about the cheeseburgers, or quarter pounders at he PI McDonalds.....but the Big Mac's tastes exactly like they do over here!!!
Xopenex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex on Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:34 pm

or howabout this marc...........you ever notice that in the PI, you tend to board your planes by walking on the tarmac, and walking up the stairs to board the plane???? as opposed to over here, where you never have to go outside to board a plane. better yet, howabout how the airports will offer umbrella's to the people (mostly women) who dont wanna get "dark" by exposing themselves to the sun for those brief several minutes it takes to get to the plane. i found that kinda odd the first time i saw that.
Xopenex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok on Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:09 pm

russ same here.. everytime i go home..i smell and then want to kiss the floor since i am home again.. ha ha.. and not all airports are like that russ.. just the small ones ha ha.. going Kuala Lumpur they did that for us.. and i was like yehhhhh... i gots an umbrella nice ha ha...
Pritong_Manok

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice on Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:39 pm

ha ha ha... that's funny xop!!! although when we hit mcd's, me and my bros don't usually go for the american food, we straight up order the mcspaghetti!!!! ain't no beating that sweet ass sauce with the little vienna sausages!!! ha ha ha...

yea, not all airports are like that. just the smaller ones...

damn...!!! i can't wait...
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

View user profile http://noma.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice on Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:45 pm

here's a funny story...

back in 2001 when i went back there with paulie, mikey and wayne... we were bored and decided to go walk around megamall. actually it was just me, paulie and mikey then... we got hungry and decided to eat at the max's there. we ordered the half family meal and the waiter was like, "excuse me sir, that feeds 6 people"... i just looked at him and said, "yea, that's ok"... needless to say, we finished the meal: sinigang, bangus, half-fried chicken, lumpia, calamnsi juice, kare-kare and rice... ha ha ha... the guy must've been like "WTF??!?!"...

another funny story: same trip in 2001. we decide to hit up the bar scene and ended up in hard rock makati (freestyle, a favorite band of mine, was performing)... mikey and paulie went to the dance floor... mikey had his eye on this girl and she kinda dissed him... but the next day, mikey goes shopping in makati with his uncle and he's walking around the department store. he sees the same girl WORKING as make-up counter girl...!!! ha ha ha... mikey just looked at her, gives her a smile (while holding a lacoste bag) and walks away... CLASSIC!!! i think the girl recognized him but she was too embarassed so she looked away... ha ha ha...

fun times...
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

nice!

Post  ender_bigguns on Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:11 am

man if we were all ever in the pi at the same time...that would be trouble...guaranteed
ender_bigguns

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex on Thu May 01, 2008 9:37 am

less than 2 months and counting till your trip Buk's!! as far as myself, i have roughly 3 months. thats okay though, even more time to get in shape so i can fit on the damn Philippine Airlines seat. man, i thought Continental had small seats!!........those Continental seats are a freggin First Class seat compared to PAL!! seriously, before my wedding i had to fly to Bohol.....dude, i just barely fit in the seat. the seatbelt just barely buckled. i think i even had to take a deep breath in to just latch the seatbelt!! thank god it was only a 1 hour flight!! and worse yet, i had to sit in the very front....literally sitting directly across the (pretty) stewardess. my fat girth completely enveloping the seat belt. i bet she was wondering if i was even wearing a seat belt. anyway, that feeling alone is motivation enough for me to keep working out till its time for my trip.
Xopenex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice on Thu May 01, 2008 10:06 am

ha ha ha... that's funny xop. yea, we're already trying to set the itinerary... so far we have river rapids in pagsanjan, boracay and/or banaue... still trying to see if we'd rather skip boracay for banaue. and we'll be throwing wedding site viewings as well...

yea, been working out for a month and i'm noticing the slimming of my gut. maris has noticed that am slowly getting the muscle definition back. hmmm... if i was on p90, i'd probably see it coming in faster. ha ha ha...
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok on Thu May 01, 2008 1:00 pm

i get fatter everyday .. ahhhh.. what a life.. ha ha
Pritong_Manok

View user profile

Back to top Go down

dang manok!

Post  ender_bigguns on Thu May 01, 2008 1:06 pm

pick a program and stick to it! youll have our support regardless...use your brothers workout plan...stick with jons...or pick a flavor of p90(x). they all work all you need to do is pick one! if you need motivation were all here man! but regardless of the program...watch what youre eating! just watching what you eat will help you drop off weight

Walk on road, hmm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later get squish just like grape. - Mr. Miyagi
ender_bigguns

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice on Thu May 01, 2008 1:07 pm

which means, NO FAST FOOD AND DRINK LOTSA WATER!!! ha ha ha...
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex on Fri May 02, 2008 9:43 am

Buks, although i've always wanted to go, i've never been to Boracay. how is it?? i mean, i know its one huge collection of beach resorts. but i've also heard thats its very touristy. there a decent night life there...pubs, restaurants, etc.???? actually, kim mentioned that she wanted to go there too.....maybe we'll try to hit there this July. anyway, lemme know what the dilly is over in Boracay.
Xopenex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice on Fri May 02, 2008 10:30 am

eh... we're only going coz i've never been there before.

my cousin's just came back from there actually. he said he wouldn't go back there. boracay is way too touristy and full of white boys trying to pick up on some local girls. bars are all owned by australians or europeans.

but if you've never been there, it's good to go. but just don't expect much. my cousin actually preferred bohol over boracay.
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok on Fri May 02, 2008 10:40 am

yeh no worries i'll be doing my regiment one of these days... no motivation needed.. it just needs to click in my head like before because the more motivation i tell myself.. the more i make up excuses... something in my head just have to click.. that's all..no worries.. it'll click one of these days
Pritong_Manok

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex on Fri May 02, 2008 11:59 am

yeah, actually i did a search for Boracay on youtube. i got the same impression. bunch of whities thinking there god's gift to women picking up on the local chicks. looked really freggin annoying......and we are from the states thats the funny thing!!! can you imagine what the local pinoy men think of that crap?!?!?!?!?!?! but then again, i think anything is worth trying once........so, even if you might not be so fond of that type of thing, you should go to Boracay anyway...just to experience it alteast once Buk's. just make sure if any of those Euro freaks try to pick up on Maris (thinking she was a local), you tell em......"i'm from the f%*king U-S- of f**king A motherf**ker..............get the f*ck outta my face before i open up a can of f**king whoop-ass!! oh, and while your'e at it, go back to f**king Europe!!!!" hehehehehe!!!
Xopenex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice on Fri May 02, 2008 12:03 pm

yea, we're going to go. just trying to negotiate the time we spend there. we're slated to spend 4 days there, but i think 3 would be plenty...

i agree, just to say you've gone. i do wanna check out the nightlife. just to see what the hubbub is about.

no worries on the white guys picking up on maris. they know better. besides, hopefully i'll be bigger by then. ha ha ha... hmmm... maybe i'll pick up a balisong there. ha ha ha...
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pritong_Manok on Fri May 02, 2008 2:27 pm

that's hilarious stuff xop.. i'm dying laffing ... ha ha cuz i would say the same thing.. ha aha
Pritong_Manok

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex on Tue May 13, 2008 7:17 am

Buks....you got like another month right (before you take off for the muthaland)??? Nice!!! any new word on the planning?? you bringing anything to keep you occupied on the long ass plane trip back home??.....ipod? DS? PSP? laptop? .....i know these are pretty gay questions, but just curious.
Xopenex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice on Tue May 13, 2008 7:28 am

nothing big... but we're scouting out a place tonight... then we're meeting a priest tomorrow... it looks more and more like the wedding will be in nj...

i usually just bring an ipod. i try not to stay awake in the plane too much. so i try to get myself so tired that as soon as i get on the plane, i pass out. ha ha ha... if not, a couple shots of whiskey right before boarding the plane will help. ha ha ha...
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex on Tue May 13, 2008 7:59 am

Nice strategy Buks. actually of the 16 hour plane ride....i prolly only play my ds lite/psp for maybe 4 hours. then another couple hours during layovers. so all in all, i prolly dont play it as much as i would expect....cus i also pass out. especially for the first 5 hours or so, i am out. i dont wake up until i smell those stewardesses cooking up some of that "Western" breakfast (as they call it on EVA Airlines). boyet and Pritong know what i am talking about. ahh, all this talk is making me look forward to going back in July!! just too bad i wont be flying EVA this time around.....dammit!!
Xopenex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex on Tue May 13, 2008 8:02 am

by the way, ohh well........it was worth a shot trying to get you guys to have your wedding in the PI. it would've been real sweet!! but if having it over here is your decision....then thats great!! prolly is much easier anyway logistically. was any one thing the deal breaker to not have it in the PI??? or was it just everything considered???
Xopenex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice on Tue May 13, 2008 8:06 am

basically a mixture of things... logistically, it would be 10 times easier to plan for here... but our families also kinda talked us into having it here... besides, if we have it in the PI, it's cutting into the honeymoon time... ha ha ha...

no worries xop, once we have it finalized, the bachelor party details will be worked out by my bros... ha ha ha...
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex on Tue May 13, 2008 8:15 am

wait.......you telling me that your bro's are considering having the bachelor party in the PI?? didnt they mention something about Amsterdam in the past?? dude, if it was in the PI........that would be trouble!!!
Xopenex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FreshBukoJuice on Tue May 13, 2008 8:19 am

the PI was considered... but i don't think that'll fly anymore... would like to do amsterdam... but that might be crazy expensive... so montreal and chicago are now in the running... ha ha ha...
FreshBukoJuice
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xopenex on Tue May 20, 2008 7:47 am

hey Buk's....what do you got, like another month left?? lucky bastard!!! by the way, Kim's cousins came up from Boston this past weekend and one of her cousins (Melissa) brought up a bottle of Tanduay! her mother went to the Philippines relatively recently and brought some bottles of Tanduay back stateside, so she gave one bottle to me. dude, that stuff melted in my mouth!! it was so damn good! its just too bad that the bottle didnt even last one day cus we killed it that same night. granted the Tanduay is good.....but, i am wondering if its more of a sentimental thing that i am so excited when i drink Tanduay?!?!?!? i mean, the last time i drank that stuff was in the Philippines! who knows, maybe it is more of a sentimental thing rather than a "delicious" thing.
Xopenex

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next